"Nother Santa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Nother Santa

Here's another for the Santacarve-a-holics out there. This guy is approx 7"X3", painted with acrylics. As always, C&Cs are welcome. Thanks for looking.
    Steve CurlyBeard Santa.jpg
    Steve Reed - Carvin' in the flatlands!

Nice work, Steve! Do you hollow out the back a bit to reduce the weight?

Claude
    My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
    My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
    My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
    My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

I really like that one....carving, paint job,..expression, design...perfect!!!

Comment

Claude, sometimes I do. At this point I'm doing good just to carve them! So, this one is not hollowed.
        Steve

Comment

Whoa, Steve, you know you don't have to catch up in such a short while. Fine job, keep healing
          . . .JoeB

Comment

JoeB, since I'm not able to play guitar anymore, my attention is less divided, so, I just carve. Keeps my mind off the fact that I can't play music anymore.
            Steve

Comment

Wow, That is awesome, Steve!
              Herb

Comment

Thanks Herb and Di, I appreciate the kind words! He was an experiment with a more curly beard. Guess he came out ok.
                Steve

Comment

Hi Steve
                  Another truly fine effort mate. I just don't get how you guys can get so much detail and convey so much expression in something so small. Is mind boggling to me.

Comment

Another winner Steeve. Sorry to hear you are not yet back to the music side of yourself. Take care.
                    Carve On,
                    Kadiddle

Comment

Kadiddle , sadly, that part of my life is gone for good apparently. But hey 60 years of music was a good run. Played on the road, large venues, small venues, Germany and Korea. I guess that's enough. Played my first gig at 12. Thought, wow, I can do this and make money?? But hey, I can still carve!
                      Steve

Comment

Hi Steve, I like Your Santa!

Comment

Hi Steve
                          So sad to hear you can't play anymore, Such a big loss when it has been such a big part of your life. I'm strictly an at home player and not that good but love guitars. I have 16 guitars two I built from scratch and 2 are complete makeovers of 1950 archtop guitars I dread they day I can't play them anymore. Sincere condolences Steve and much respect for your positive attitude to moving forward with your carving. God Bless you mate.

Comment

Glenn, thanks for the kind words. I sold most of my Martin collection to a local dealer. Kept about 4. My D35 I bought new in '74, my Dread Jr signed by Tommy Emmanuel, A D28 Herring bone, and one made by a luthier friend of mine who unfortunately passed a couple of weeks ago. I'm trying to stay positive with the carving as therapy.
                            Steve

Comment

Great Santa, Steeve! The eyes are well done, especially with the creases at the corners.
                              Arthur

Comment

Working...
                              X