Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Santa's

Hi Gang,
    Here are my grandkid Santa's for this year. I have finished early so I may have to do one for myself without the help of the chainsaw.
    I power carved all of these as my hands are pretty sore these days. Can't wait to get to Florida and join ST with some chainsaw sculpture.
    He is looking for the logs and a place to make noise.

Bob

Re: More Santa's

Hi Bob, They are all really nice, and I really like the ones in the full robes. Did you make that pattern up yourself?

Pete

Comment

Bob, Nice Santas'.I'm interested in the dust collection booth you have. How is it powered? Any idea of the CFM? I carve a lot of bark and am interested in a home made air filteration unit. Florida sounds good, hate the cold.

Comment

Nice ones Bob. Like your dust collector as well as the old owl.

Comment

That owl looks like he is ready to eat those little Santa's.

Good job on all the Santas. Aren't you lucky.....finishing with time to spare before Christmas.

Comment

Hey there Bob, great bunch of santas and that owl looks really great as well. I would also like to know a little about your dust collector system.
            Cliff

Comment

Thanks Folk's,
              The pattern is a combination of many I have done over the years. I just change it a bit every year.
              The dust collector is built around a big old computer fan that I picked up from my telephone job of 36 years. You just take a pleated furnace filter and build a plywood box around it and add some lights and plugs and a piece of plexi glass to increase the efficiency a bit and there you have it. Simply have a shop vac handy to clean off the filter occasionally and it works great.
              I may have a simple blue print of the basic design around and I will post it if I can find it.
              The fans can be found at most surplus electronics stores.

Bob

Comment

great buch of Santas Bob ..

Gene

Comment

Bob, they all look very nice.

Comment

Bob, you been busy as all get out. Nice job!

Corey

Comment

Wow, I am green with envy at the production rates I see here....I work way too slow. Lots of folks are going to be thrilled with what they receive from you this year. Joy, that was my first impression also, that owl is going to eat those little santas....LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X