Christmas Ornament swap time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Christmas Ornament swap time....

I, too recieved two ornies from Tom H. today.
    A Santa and a Christmas spirit (which is what i call santas that ain't red and white) They are great.
    Thank you Tom
    I am a self taught whittler with no carving clubs or other carvers out here in the wilds of Wyoming so it is especially wonderful to see other folks work, I can see I have plenty of room for improvement on my own carving and painting.
    Herb

Comment

We just received a really "special" angel from Loretta Jonsson...one of the best I have seen, very fine carving and detail....thank you very much Loretta
      "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

TomH,

They're here!!! I love the little Santa's, oh how I wish I could sharpen a knife as well as you do. Thank you for the little guys!

Loretta

Dave,

You're welcome!! I'm glad you like her and I hope you got the thrill that a brown bubble wrap package at Christmas ornament swap time can give!

Loretta

Comment

I did...its almost as much fun as living in Weaverville at Christmas time LOL
          "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Received 2 santas today from TomH. Cute little fellas, thank you Tom!

Comment

OMG! The post will be here anyminute!!!!!

Comment

Got a package of little Santa ornaments from Tom H. yesterday. Wonderful stuff, Tom. Thank you very much!

Comment

I have read through all 39 pages of this thread (discovered way too late). The excitement and anticipation is amazing and a world of fun. I can't wait to see the pictures when all the exchanging is done.
                  I hope I can be part of it next year. I should start carving now.

Comment

In todays mail I got a fine santa from Johns Simpson
                    Thank you John. It is hanging an the wall we haven't put up a tree yet
                    My bride tells me we are going to get a special tree for my ornies from this swap probably she is right as usual
                    I open these packages at the post office and show them to the postmistress who very much enjoys these so my family are not the only ones getting pleasure from your carvings
                    Herb

Comment

Thanks, John, for the great Santa ornament. You're right: we're not all that far from each other. Although I had to ask Google where your town is. . .

Comment

Originally posted by jmischel View Post
                        Got a package of little Santa ornaments from Tom H. yesterday. Wonderful stuff, Tom. Thank you very much!
                        Tom got the Santas, great job , I even copied a couple and they are fun to do.Once again thanks Much Tom H.

Comment

TOM! I remembered that you were in WCI and did a bit on your little santa's...I dug around...found my copy and fell in love - AGAIN! When I saw how you hold onto the bottom - I thought...OMG! that's a hair stick if I ever saw one! So, today I am trying my hand at a Santa Hair Pin, One of the ones I got from you would look phenom on a stick in my hair That's what got me started! Thanx again!

Comment

Tom H., thank you for the little Santa's. My husband was wondering how you hold on to them---I told him--very carefully!!! Thank you.

Comment

No mail.........RON

Comment

Haven't posted recently, but thats because I'm spending all my time carving! I'm hoping to finish up on Sunday, and send out on Tuesday! Thanks for all the great carvings so far everyone!

My wife was a little skeptical about the swap when I first told her about it, but then again she's a little skeptical of everything I do. Now though, she'll call me and say "OMG! Why haven't you checked the mail yet!?" She's not a carver, but she's definitely converted to a fan.

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Comment

Working...
                                X