Cottonwood Santa No. 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cottonwood Santa No. 8

Well here's number 8 (I think). I've got so many started I'm starting to loose track.
    Anyway, painted with acrylics, and finished with wax. The top was dry brushed with red paint but I am not sure I love it that way. I may experiment with some glitter late on.

Re: Cottonwood Santa No. 8

He has a happy look, I like that. The red looks good, adds some interest. Not sure if I would like glitter, thinking that would take away from the natural feel of the bark carving, but you'll never know if you don't try..

Comment

It looks real good. After seeing how much fun you seem to be having, I might just have to try carving cottonwood bark soon. Thanks for sharing

Eric

Comment

Ken...don't think I've ever seen another barkwood carved Santa here on the forum before...in any case, you've done a great job on him! I really like the way he just sorta 'evolves' out of the bark...I really like him the way he is and not to sure about the 'glitter', but as Kris says...you never know until you try! Thanks for sharing your little Santa with us and continued safe carving to you!
        Kenn

Comment

Nice carving and painting.

Comment

Thanks to all for the kind words. Once again, I have to thank Mark Akers for his inspiration and encouragement. So far I've made 2 Santas in his style but I have also mixed it up with the other ten Santas I have been working on - trying to beat the Christmas rush.

Comment

Nice work Ken, I happened to look at the pictures before reading your post and seen the bark was red and began to wonder where in the world you found bark with a red tint on the outer shell. Very interesting and it does add a old world christmas feeling to it having that deep red color there.
              Carl

Comment

As these are going to be Christmas presents for my family, relatives, firiends , on an on and on - I am trying to give the carvings a Christmas flavor. Any suggestions?

Comment

Ken:
                  Sorry just getting to look at the site, and this isa awesome carving, very well done.
                  Mark N. Akers
                  My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Another awesome Santa Ken.

Dave

Comment

Thanks again for all the nice complements!

Comment

Ken,

Very nice job, like the way you've worked in his hair details and beard into the bark.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill, I got the idea from one of Mark Akers' photos.

Comment

Working...
                          X