Re: My wife says I have far too much time

Very nice. He looks great.
    Sharon

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    replied

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments
    Al that was a real compliment saying that it rivaled the bead work of Roberto that is truly a compliment as I consider his work outstanding. By the way he has six more of my carved Santa's that he will be working on over the next month as soon as I get them back I will post them.
    Marci I am not sure that I will pick up a saw again either I am having too much fun at the moment I am carving everyday and completing a Santa about every two days my house is getting full maybe I will have to start selling them.
    Susieq and Thor I will take that advice and try a woodspirit with design just have to figure it out thanks for the inspiration.
    Ed working on another as we speak even more detailed will post when finished
    Again thanks folks for looking and comments
    Colin

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

My goodness, Colin, what a beautiful Santa! Your painting rivals the beadwork on your earlier post.

Al

Leave a comment:

• highlakejohn
    replied

My wife has far too many shoes! Absolutely beautiful job! Regardless of the time it took......It was worth it!

Leave a comment:

• carlt
    replied

I can only agree with all the rest of the folks, fantastic painting.

Carl

Leave a comment:

• Kenny_S
    replied

Time well spent my friend. Great piece!

Leave a comment:

• susieq
    replied

What a great look! Colin, I think Christina is right....you're on to something here.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Redwine
    replied

Out of the box Colin! My wife quilts too and I could never do what she does. I admire your patience. My buddy Bob is good at that tiny paint application but me, I need a 2 in. brush. Now, amigo, let's see another!

Leave a comment:

• Marci MN
    replied

WOW... Wonderful !! I read above where someone said not to worry you could get out with your saws again soon. Half of me said.. Noooooo... I LOVE seeing Colins Santa's... ha ha I'm really glad you picked up on doing Santas. You put alot of Soul into your creations.

Marcia.

Leave a comment:

• uvawyo
    replied

Womderful painting, Colin. Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Thor
    replied

Colin, my friend, I wish for you much time to spend with your new level of patience. This one turned out so well, and I can see the influence from the beaded one, of course, but you definitely combined the quilted fabric look, the Santa, and the beaded influence, and made it your own.

Might I suggest that you take one of your Colin Partridge Woodspirits (the look of which has spread around the globe like your offspring) and do your magic with one of those. I think you're onto something big.,....or maybe small...with great detail. Maybe using the colors of the Northwest First Nations carvings in it like those pieces you did awhile back.

thumbs up all round!
    Christina

Leave a comment:

• Colin-Partridge
    replied

Pete as far as carving Paulowinia I would rather carve it than basswood. I know it has grain and sometimes quite twisted but all in all I love the wood. It takes great detail no fuzzies. Saying that I would caution about making sure your knifes are really sharp just because it has a lot of grain. But over all it is a dream to carve. Yes it is much lighter than basswood but not as flimsy as balsa wood by a long shot. I do carve bass wood and pine but since I discovered Paulowinia its my wood of choice.
    kdispoto yes I have thought of a Colin design and as soon as I carve all of the blanks I have from Goody I will try a design of my own. I will keep you posted when that happens. But right now I have enough to keep me going.
    Donna yes it is nice to have this carving family and I so appreciate all those who help me along the way it is this kind of comradship that makes this forum the best. Also credit should be given where it is due without the help I would never have achieved half of what I have and I still enjoy the journey from blank to finish I find it exciting.
    Thanks again for your comments
    Colin

Leave a comment:

• Bob's Birds
    replied

Nice paint job. Can't wait to see your Mardi Gras example, that should be coming soon or even a St Patrick's Santa.

Don't worry old fellow the snow will soon melt and you can get a tank of gas for the saw and get outside again.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Jim Hiser
    replied

Very Nice Colin, you are a very patient man.

Leave a comment:

• kdispoto
    replied

Hands down - you have the most uniquely finished Santas on the block.
    Have you thought about coming up with one of your own Santa (blank) designs?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X