2015 Christmas Ornament Exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Christmas Ornament Exchange

Hope that everyone is having a great year and are getting ready to gear up for another Christmas Ornament Exchange.

For all of those that are not familiar with a carving exchange, here is how it works. Any type of carving can be turned into an exchange. The forum members have been doing various exchanges for several years. This exchange is for the Christmas season and all participants carve Christmas ornaments and then mail them out to the other carvers on their list. You will then receive an ornaments from each of the carvers that you sent your ornaments to.

Based on last years exchange, I think that we should set up the deadline to show interest in participating at September 1, 2015. That way we can get our lists together and know exactly how many ornaments that we need to have ready to mail out. The mailing deadline will be December 1, 2015. All ornaments have to be in the mail and on their way to the recipient no later than December 1, 2015.

Groups will be comprised of 8 to 12 carvers. That way, if you don\\\'t feel comfortable doing more than 12, you don\\\'t have to. Last year, some of the members wanted to be on a list of the whole group. Basically, they were on multiple lists then. We will try to accommodate everyone again this year. It will all depend on the number of participants.

For members that live in Canada, it may be possible for you to send all of your completed ornaments to one of the members on your list in the states and they will send them out from here. It saves on shipping costs.

You can carve the same ornament repeatedly for each member on the list or do different ornaments, it doesn\\\'t matter. We will send one ornament from each to the magazine again this year. The deadline for the Holiday edition of the magazine doesn\\\'t fall in such a way to guarantee pictures, but it is still fun to send them an ornament.

No photos of your ornaments in progress or the ornaments that you receive until all ornaments are received. It seems to get lost in the season, so I thought that we needed to set a cutoff date so that everyone knows when they can start posting pictures. Let\\\'s open up for posting pictures on December 20, 2015. That way, everyone\\\'s ornaments have been sent out for at least 20 days and we can see everyone\\\'s pictures just before Christmas while we all still have them on display.

So if you want to participate again this year, or participate for the first time or first time in a long time, just send me a Private Message on here or to my email. The information that I will need is:

Your Full Name
    Full Mailing Address
    Estimate of how many ornaments you are interested in doing
    Email Address (optional) (If you send your email address, I can set up a list in my email client to send out emails to the entire group easier, but it\\\'s up to you.)

I will compile the master list of participants and then after September 1, will put the individual lists together and get them out to everyone.

Hope that everyone wants to do it again and that we can get some new participants too.

Adam

So a quick recap:

Deadline to show interest and be included is September 1, 2015
    Deadline to have your ornaments mailed is December 1, 2015
    Pictures can be posted on or after December 20, 2015
    ten99j4
    ten99j4
    Last edited by ten99j4; 06-30-2015, 12:41 PM.

Re: 2015 Christmas Ornament Exchange

Don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t know why the thread added \\\\\\\\ to a few of the words but you still get the idea. Hope we have a big turn out again this year.

Adam
    ten99j4
    ten99j4
    Last edited by ten99j4; 06-30-2015, 12:45 PM.

Comment

I like the sound of this program and may be interested in participating myself.
      James Richards

Comment

Sorry I had to miss it last year, hopefully this year I\'ll make it.
        Steve Reed - Carvin' in the flatlands!

Comment

Sounds like we may have two participants besides myself. Let\'s get the word out that the Exchange thread is posted and ready to take names and contact information.

Adam

Comment

I think I might be interested. So how is the list determined?
            . . . JoeB
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Adam Put me on the list for this year. Hopefully I won\'t have heart surgery again! Thanks

Comment

Joe -

Everyone that says they want to participate are placed on a spreadsheet and then I will break the list up into groups. There is no skill requirements or experience levels necessary.

Adam

Comment

Steve -
                  I have you on the list. So far the official list is you and me.

I don\'t have any other definite commitments so far, so if you are interested, please send me your information in PM or post on here that you definitely want to participate.

Adam

Comment

Joe Butler
                    243 Ave./ De La Couleurs ~ Sparks, NV, 89434
                    [email protected]

I am in. When will we know & is there a theme to the ornaments? . . . JoeB
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

I would like to give it a go myself this year how do you get our information

Comment

Shameless plug for this! If you haven\'t participated in the past, you don\'t know what you are missing. Carve whatever you would like and send it to the folks on your list. In return, you will receive a like number of items for your tree. Don\'t worry that you think your carvings are not good enough, or whatever. It is a lot of fun to see what arrives in the mail! Just my humble opinion, but Adam does a great job putting this together every year.

Comment

5 participants so far. Got joepaulbutler and oldmountainman. Oldmountainman I just need you to send me your information in a Private Message and I will get you filled into the list.

Christmas is the theme and you can do anything you want. Once the deadline to sign up is here, I will get everyone their list of people to send their carvings to.

Adam

Comment

Sign me up Adam! but I need to send you a new mailing address. Thanks!

Comment

Adam, This is the second time that I\'ve tried to sign up for the ornament exchange, hopefully this makes it through. I would carve 12 ornaments.
                              Rusty Petersen
                              1605 Eldorado Road
                              Norfolk, NE. 68701
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X