Carving two ornaments at a time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carving two ornaments at a time.

I carve 22 ornaments every year for family and friends, and to help speed up the process I carve two at once. These will be 7\" long ornaments so I start with a 14\" corner block. Then I begin carving everything from the mustache up then I switch ends and repeat the process. Most of the time I leave the eyes for last and other details too. When I feel the facial structure is set I\'ll seperate them in the middle and begin carving out the beards and teaming details. I find the repeat ice steps helps me in learning faster. Hopefully this will help another carver along the line somewhere. Here is a picture of #17&18 that I started this morning. Enjoy, Bill
    Attached Files

Re: Carving two ornaments at a time.

Will be watching with much interest. . . JoeB
    . . .JoeB

Comment

Looks like great progress. Don\'t forget to post pics when they are done.
      Terry

Comment

Sounds like a good idea; I\'m going to have to try that method . Thanks for the tip;
        Wayne
        If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Bill, that makes perfect sense to carve two at once, I think I\'ll give it a try. I was a critic of the new site , but now that I know how to look at the pictures on the I pad, enjoying the forum again. Thank you for the tip.

Comment

Working...
          X