Must be Dragon season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must be Dragon season.

Maybe they are coming out of hibernation ..... who knows! But here is one that I finished today for a customer, as a gift for her husband's birthday. The wood is Butternut, except the two horns, which are Holly. The only painting was to give the eyes some life, the rest is burned with an oil finish.

And no, I didn't forget to carve the rest of it, she only wanted a dragons head!

I think it turned out quite nicely. Hope it doesn't give Colin nightmares! LOL

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Re: Must be Dragon season.

Wonderful Bob .. Great carving and the woodburning finish is a great touch ..

Excellent job ..

Gene

Comment

Bob, Nice carving and finish. Your client will be pleased!

Comment

Good job Bob,,the depth of the color and the burning ( a fire breathing dragon by chance?) are a nice compliment.Say....thoses scales aren't a prelude to carving your eagle are they???They look suspiciously like cape and neck feathers,,,,Hmmmm

Comment

Would be a fine ships figurehead as well my friend .

Nice work .

Comment

Nice job. You managed to get a lot of personality in a "head-only". I agree with Ash....would love to see him as a figurehead.

Comment

Good work Bob!!! He`s really neat...Bruce

Comment

Working...
              X