My largest tree carving ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My largest tree carving ever

Remember I told you about a huge tree carving that some one had called me about? Well today I started it. Last week we had some pretty severe weather and a whole bunch of tree's in this area were broken or uprooted. This is a huge Manitoba Maple probably about three or four feet across and about 15 feet high. The tree had been completely uprooted and fell on the roof of my clients house. They had it cut off at fifteen feet and then replanted the stump back into the ground. This is the first of five carvings I will be doing in the stump. Temperature was up in the 80s today and no shade. I worked on him for about five hours and then the heat got to me. I will do another on tomorrow right above him. I will need scaffold to do this one but I will take pictures of the progress. Of course any comments yea or nay accepted. this carving is 98% Chainsaw carved the only thing I did with the mallet and chisel was the eyes and part of those were chainsaw carved.
    Colin
    Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
    Jackson, MS

Wow Colin what a carving.

Can`t wait to see the finished piece. I never get tired of looking at your carvings, Great job!!! Bruce

Comment

Re: My largest tree carving ever

As much as I've seen, as old as I am, and all the state's and province's I've traveled... it still amazes me how something so beautiful can come out of something so old, grey, and cracked. Thank's for posting another masterpiece!
      Dave Brock

Comment

Colin... That is amazing ..

I bet you have alot of traffic drive in front of your house just to see your creations ..

Wonderful

Gene

Comment

Really great job Colin, even with your backlog of work you are taking the time to do an excellent job!

Greg

Comment

Colin.....using Lynn's favorite word.....totally AWESOME!!! Bonnie

Comment

Glad you are still at it my friend. I thought about giving you a call today and glad I didn't it would have interrupted your masterpiece. Keep us posted and be careful. You can give me a description later when done maybe.
              Ron

Comment

I don't know how you do that, but you sure do an excellent job at it!! Totally cool!

Comment

Working...
                X