Mimic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mimic

This is my latest intarsia project. I can't imagine how I could have managed it without all you great people helping me out with my carving. It's about 140 individual pieces of wood with no paint, but a bit of my wife's make-up. I used some nail polish, some blush and some eye make-up on her upper eyelids. Who knew a bit of make-up could liven up some basswood. I added a bit of my daughters body glitter too, being a fairy and all I figured a bit of sparkle would be good. It is mostly finished but still needs to be sprayed. The inspiration was my 6 yr old daughter. The size of the picture is 12 wide and 15 tall. Thanx for taking a peek.

Re: Mimic

beautiful, just beautiful :-) i like the contrasting shapes, and lines you have used, like the zigzag on the dress, and the soft curves on the wings, ...the contraast in detail, like there is a lot in the hair, but few in dress..alll nicely balanced... well done, thanks for sharing :-)

Comment

Thanx. here's some better pics with slightly damp finish though. One thing about photograps is they take away some of the depth like in the wings and other places.

Comment

Not only is the project beautiful but the subject is also. Outstanding job!

Comment

Working...
        X