back to work,,,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back to work,,,

The Eagle was delivered this A.M., so now back to real work.I have been working on this piece as well as other things,,and the trees are supposed to show up this afternoon finally!I'll have to hit them hard as that job is running behind,at least it's not my fault.But this is the preliminary glue up for the relief doors,4 ft wide ,6 ft tall,which will be the Garden of Eden scene as well as the columns I am going to use as a hinge for the doors .Once the doors are open you'll see the Crucifixion scene,(sketch),there will also be several characters included in 3/4 relief. And on the interior of the doors will be the scenes of the clay models I did showing the Flood and Arc,Baptism of Jesus,sending out the apostles,and parting of the Red Sea. Above the doors will be a relief of the sketch showing creation ,light and water (triangle sketch). The second post shows the general original sketch,including the base as well as the matching piece I did last yr for over the tabernacle.This piece will include the spires ,and architectural elements found in this piece.

Re: back to work,,,

Here is the sketch of the total piece,,grew a bit,,now should be a bit over 16 ft tall ,including spires and base.And the pics of the other piece I did,,that this new piece will mimic in style and elements..I also did the angels and statue on the wall (one of the 4 evangelists)

sorry,,don't know why the sketch got on here like that,,but it does open,,at least it did for me.

Comment

That is an ambitious project! It's hard to take it all in. Do you have close ups of the angle and the evangelist. Sorry if I missed it in a previous post.

Comment

Big project Mark, what kind of wood are you using?

I prefer the Eagle carving myself, and only wish it had been my door it had been delivered to!!!

Bob
        Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

This piece is mainly Basswood,cabinet grade ply for the carcass.I have only photographed approximately half the work I've done,,these evangelists were some of the just over 300 I've restored/recarved/repainted as a "sideline" business,,"while you're here,could you take a look at this statue?",,simply got tired of taking pics of them,,if you've seen one saint...as they say....I do have pics of MOST of the half or full size ones I've carved though.Digital makes it easier,,had 22 rolls of film at one point I never bothered to process,,,Oh well,,,

Comment

Mark .. only one word for such beautiful work ... Amazing ! .. I would love to see this in person .. I know a picture doesnt do it justice ..

Beautiful .. just beautiful ..

Gene

Comment

You do what most of us can only dream of doing....... Make a living at what we love doing. If I could do what you do, I would probably never sleep at night. Please post on this project at regular intervals. I know I am not the only one who wants to watch this progress.
              susieq

Comment

Working...
              X