Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin's Sex Change

Hi Gang,
    I knew that this thread would arouse your curiosity. So Moderators before you delete it read on. Well as most of you know I have been working on this huge commission in a very large maple tree. I had completed four carvings and the customer wanted me to do a women's face for the last carving. I had roughed it out yesterday and was going to finish it and stain it yesterday but the 90 degree weather got to me so I finished up early. I received a phone call yesterday evening about 9.30. It was the customer he said he wasn't happy with the women's face. He loved the carving but didnt think that it fit in with all the tree spirits. He asked me if I could change it. I assured him that I could and I would be there bright and early this morning to do that. Well if I though yesterday was hot today was even hotter. So my carving underwent a sex change. The women became a man with a long beard with another woodspirit in the bottom. So my carving that was going to be five faces ended up being seven faces. Here are some pictures of the sex change the first is the women's face and how I changed it into the man. One more coat of stain and the carving is completed. Not that I will get any rest I still have about 15 commissions backed up.
    I will post some pictures of the completed carving hopefully by the end of the week.
    Colin
    Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
    Jackson, MS

Re: Colin's Sex Change

Great job Colin. You never stop amazing me with your creativity.
    Ron

Comment

Whew!

I thought for a moment that chainsaw had slipped and we'd be dealing with Colina from here on in.

Nice change on the tree! I like it better that way, too. Does this make you a rea tree surgeon now?

Al

Comment

Oooohhh, I like! Very nicely done!

Comment

Whew! I thought that we was in for another story like our neighboring city's city manager that recently went from a Mr. to a Ms! Nice work!

Comment

The woman looks better carved into a tree spirit! Besides thats your style!

:::::Great work::::

Comment

Working...
            X