Latest project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Latest project

Joy-that is one magnificent carving,i too hope you post a picture once you have completed the presentation.
    if you a worried about starting a family feud I could pm you my home address.

Frank
    Safety first

Comment

Wonderful carving and finish.

Comment

Thanks guys! Y'all are great for my ego.

Comment

Joy, that's a wonderful carving. I really like it....Myron

Comment

outstanding job! it does look like it's walking right off the plaque. Any chance of some side views?

Comment

Thank you, Myron. I'm pleased that you like it.

Elwood, I just looked and I didn't take any side views of the elephant. I will try to do that today and post them. I am still working on the base to hold the plaque...the first idea didn't please me. Thank you for the nice comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Joy
                Tn, Thank you. The elephant itself is 11 inches tall and about 7 inches wide mounted on the plaque it is about 15 inches tall. The elephant is carved from basswood and then mounted on the plaque. Yes, the plaque will remain with her. I am thinking about using a log about 4-5 inches in diameter standing vertically with a notch cut out for the plaque to sit in. About 2 inches would show in the front and I think about 6 inches behind the plaque should hold it upright. Does my description make sense?
                Shoot Yea that sounds really neat Joy!! Its really something!! Thanks for sharing such a carving with us!! Tn

Comment

Working...
                X