Butternut Eagle spoon and whistle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butternut Eagle spoon and whistle

A couple of little eagle projects, thinking of Merle. They are out of butternut which was nice to carve except for the wormholes that kept showing up. The one made a large nostril for the head on the spoon. I decided to do a shorter one, and make it a whistle. The spoon is 12" long, and finished with cutting board oil. The whistle is 7", and also finished with the same oil.

Hope you like them...................Tom
    Attached Files
    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Those are really nice carvings Tom.

Comment

Thanks for stopping by Robert, glad you like them. Butternut makes everything look better..............Tom
      If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

They turned out nicely Tom and a short blast on the whistle might improve the speed that you get served at........LOL
        Regards
        John

Comment

Thanks John, that might work down under, but I don't know about here. guess I'll find out...............Tom

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Those are a couple of beauties Tom! The butternut is awesome. Wonderful grain and color. Fine work.
            Terry

Comment

Hi Tom, Outstanding Subject. Ha,Ha. You got the Expression of his look right on and looks Pleasing to Feel and Hold. Fine work as usual Tom. Merle

Comment

Awesome job on those, Tom...up to your usual standard of excellence! Butternut made a great choice...the color and grain are beautiful...makes them extra special!
                Keep On Carvin'
                Bob K.

My Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rwkwoodcarving

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

Great idea Tom. Looks so warm and soothing to the touch.

Tinwood

Comment

Thanks Terry, for the nice comment

Merle, I thought you might like this little project.

Thank you Bob, the Butternut really does generally have some really nice grain.

Tinwood, thanks for the remarks, it was sanded to 800 grit, so with the oil, it really does feel nice. Good comfort spoon.

Thanks guys, Tom

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Heard of things be so bad they went to the dogs, but the birds........
                      These really turned out great Tom
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

Thanks Joe, I can't tell if they are seahawks or not.............Tom

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Have to ask Debbie, she the seahawk nerd, too bad she hasn't come back
                          . . .JoeB

Comment

Really nice design.....for a spoon. Great carving.

Comment

Great carvings. Use the whistle when the chow is ready to be served. Thanks for showing this nice set.
                              Carve On,
                              Kadiddle

Comment

Working...
                              X