Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carver33 View Post
    Fantastic piece! I've been wanting to carve a dragon for some time, and this just may be the inspiration to get me kickstarted. Thanks for sharing.
    When I was learning to carve I got a few of Shawn Cipa books and carved about three of his dragons....they were a great start.....into dragon carving. I have always wanted my own dragon statue, in fact each year for Christmas I would beg for one....never got it. So I figure if I want one I will have to carve it..... good luck in your dragon carving.
    . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Originally posted by Claude View Post
      Fantastic carving, Dileon! Awesome details!

Claude
      Thanks Clauda....hope he turns out ok, he is so darn fragile....I am hoping he does not come crashing down...smile.

Comment

I've only looked at your dragon a dozen times. I can see what you mean by fragile! If I could have got as far as you've gotten, I would use up a carton of super glue.

There is really no reason to tell you what a great carving/sculpture this is, Just read all the preceding comments. Aw but what the heck------this is truly a remarkable piece of work, can't wait for the finish day.
        . . .JoeB

Comment

Beautiful piece of carving! I love dragons, and enjoy seeing how others interpret them. Great job, look forward to more progress pics.

Bob
          Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Pretty nice !

Comment

Di, your dragon is AWESOME!!!!!! Can't wait to see the finished product. Hugs
              Steve Reed - Carvin' in the flatlands!

Comment

Hi Di, Boy you sure took on a big Project. Yu really nailed the Realistic Value on it and such Detailing. Outstanding Girl, you also hit the WOW!!! factor. Merle

Comment

This is amazing Dileon, puts my little hummers to shame. No way to keep up with your talent. Amazing job, great amount of detail.
                  ~ Dwight
                  "Hello, I am the Friggin' Happiness Fairy and I just sprinkled happy dust on you, so smile damit' this crap is expensive."

Comment

It's always interesting to see some major projects like yours, Dileon. Great progress! How are the wings coming?

Comment

Originally posted by squbrigg View Post
                      I love dragons, and enjoy seeing how others interpret them. Great job, look forward to more progress pics.

Bob
                      I have always wanted a wood dragon, but they were always priced out of my budget....so now making one. Thanks for the support....super appreciate it.

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished product. Hugs
                        Me too....LOL it is quiet a task. Great to see you here.

Comment

How are the wings coming?
                          Well Phil they are coming, we have still alot of work to do but the basic shape is done,.....now to detail the bones and thin the wings out. IMG_0392_1.JPG

Comment

The wings ...everyone helped with a cut out ideas....another thread, I have to attach the wings to the dragon but that will be the last thing to do....so they will be later wrapped and put away until that happen. Meanwhile I continue to shape them....it is hard to take a pic of them....because of the round shape...so I just put them on a lawn chair to give you idea of what they sort of look like. IMG_0393_1.JPG

Comment

IMG_0390_1.JPG
                              This a before pic....of how the wings where started. This is a half of a Koa turned bowl. The tape makes the bone placement and the cut out lines which was not fun. .
                              Last edited by DiLeon; 09-21-2016, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritwolfe View Post
                                Pretty nice !
                                I'd like to change my response to :
                                "This is so incredible I'm not sure what to say."

Comment

Working...
                                X