X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiLeon
    replied
    the vision is unbelievable
    The vision is in the chaos of creation.....I have no idea what the heck I am doing....just to the next step and asking myself what is next? What does not look right, what am thinking that carving needs or does not need,....does it work? The mask of total insanity is more like it.....grabbing air and praying it works....LOL

Leave a comment:

• DiLeon
    replied
    I'd like to change my response to :
    "This is so incredible I'm not sure what to say."
    I wish I could say the same.....I am so critical of my work it is not funny....which takes me to higher phases but it is the struggle of perfection that keeps it often .....hard work that is never quite as you like it. Hard to turn off the mind. Anyway I think the wings need to go into the plastic bags....our humidity is about 87 % today, rain forest weather ...hot humid and a sweat house weather. I am going back and start to detail dragon.....and maybe drag the base over to my shop and set it up to be carved. Still need to hollow out the base and get rid of some of that weight.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    So surprises here Di. would not have expected anything less, great job, the vision is unbelievable

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Originally posted by Spiritwolfe View Post
    Pretty nice !
    I'd like to change my response to :
    "This is so incredible I'm not sure what to say."

Leave a comment:

• DiLeon
    replied
    IMG_0390_1.JPG
    This a before pic....of how the wings where started. This is a half of a Koa turned bowl. The tape makes the bone placement and the cut out lines which was not fun. .
    Last edited by DiLeon; 09-21-2016, 01:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DiLeon
    replied
    The wings ...everyone helped with a cut out ideas....another thread, I have to attach the wings to the dragon but that will be the last thing to do....so they will be later wrapped and put away until that happen. Meanwhile I continue to shape them....it is hard to take a pic of them....because of the round shape...so I just put them on a lawn chair to give you idea of what they sort of look like. IMG_0393_1.JPG

Leave a comment:

• DiLeon
    replied
    How are the wings coming?
    Well Phil they are coming, we have still alot of work to do but the basic shape is done,.....now to detail the bones and thin the wings out. IMG_0392_1.JPG

Leave a comment:

• DiLeon
    replied

Can't wait to see the finished product. Hugs
    Me too....LOL it is quiet a task. Great to see you here.

Leave a comment:

• DiLeon
    replied
    Originally posted by squbrigg View Post
    I love dragons, and enjoy seeing how others interpret them. Great job, look forward to more progress pics.

Bob
    I have always wanted a wood dragon, but they were always priced out of my budget....so now making one. Thanks for the support....super appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• pallin
    replied
    It's always interesting to see some major projects like yours, Dileon. Great progress! How are the wings coming?

Leave a comment:

• Dwight
    replied
    This is amazing Dileon, puts my little hummers to shame. No way to keep up with your talent. Amazing job, great amount of detail.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Di, Boy you sure took on a big Project. Yu really nailed the Realistic Value on it and such Detailing. Outstanding Girl, you also hit the WOW!!! factor. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Steve Reed
    replied
    Di, your dragon is AWESOME!!!!!! Can't wait to see the finished product. Hugs

Leave a comment:

• Spiritwolfe
    replied
    Pretty nice !

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied
    Beautiful piece of carving! I love dragons, and enjoy seeing how others interpret them. Great job, look forward to more progress pics.

Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X