Bufo Frog bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bufo Frog bench

Told the grandchildren I would make a bench.....ask them what they wanted on it. They wanted Bufo frogs....of coarse they are all boys!!! This is made of Monkeypod. Still about at the shaping stage. The one little frog is bass wood....he was my first carving about the size of my hand. . The one side of the bench will sit on top of that platform of the big frog the other end of bench will be a carved log shaped like a tree and leaves with normal size frogs on and in the log. The work is starting to go into the detail stage. That one frog weighs about 80 pounds and he is about 30 inches from nose to rear end. The warts are just in the beginning stage of formation and will not look like this finished. When people see him....they say man that is one large frog!!!!IMG_0381_1.JPG

Making these wartsIMG_0382_1.JPG on this very large frog is a sign of the crazy person....they take tons of time and unbelievable patience. This is also beginning stage they need to be shaped and sanded various heights to make it look some what real.

Comment

To anyone new I draw on my statues the next area of cut with a sharpie marker....if the area of wood is to dark I use various white marking devises. Each wart is made with a diamond hole saw then surrounding area is removed.

Comment

Good to see some of your fine work again Di
        . . .JoeB

Comment

Beautiful work! Thanks for posting it.
          Terry

Comment

Very nice! Thanks for sharing it with us. Can't wait to see your progress.

Comment

Wow that's going to be one heck of a bench! The frog shapes are spot on and the detailing is amazing! Looking forward to seeing it finished!
              Keep On Carvin'
              Bob K.

My Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rwkwoodcarving

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

Beautiful, beautiful work Di. Takes a LOT of patience (or craziness) to do that kind of detail.

Tinwood

Comment

Hi Di, What a Great Project and is very well done. Great Detailing , looking forward in seeing it finished. Merle

Comment

Good to see some of your fine work again Di
                    I know I do not post much.....with the computer crashing, new sites.....and trying to post pics on the old site and not being successful.... I got really lazy at showing the work. It is there ....I also got a commission.....a treasure chest with sea animals and the works and got two years to finish that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
                      Beautiful work! Thanks for posting it.
                      thanks again .....I appreciate your time to look at it. Honestly I do not like showing my work unless it is finished....but I did not want..... you thinking I do not carve and all mouth...smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle View Post
                        Very nice! Thanks for sharing it with us. Can't wait to see your progress.
                        thanks Michelle...... you where so lucky to go to the Dayton show, it was where I grew up..... I have severe back issues and can not fly home, been nine years now. Hope you enjoyed yourself big time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob K. View Post
                          Wow that's going to be one heck of a bench! The frog shapes are spot on and the detailing is amazing! Looking forward to seeing it finished!
                          The frog is to thick...but I have to hold back on making him the right shape because he has to hold that bench.....I have no idea how it will looked finished, as I said I am often to darn lazy to draw things out. Thanks for your time to write and appreciate your support.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinwood View Post
                            Beautiful, beautiful work Di. Takes a LOT of patience (or craziness) to do that kind of detail.

Tinwood
                            I think it is the desire to go to limit beyond what I think I can do and do more......it does not feel like patience at times it drives me up a wall....smile, thanks for the support.

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                              Hi Di, What a Great Project and is very well done. Great Detailing , looking forward in seeing it finished. Merle
                              I am also wondering what it will look like when finished....LOL As always....thank you ...I appreciate your kind words.

Comment

Working...
                              X