Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiLeon
    replied
    These islands have wood carving towns, with nothing but wood carvers.....the craft is passed from generation to generation. But like I said you go into these places these people are living third world and the merchant has a brand new car. The western ideal has come into the islands but as in all things we wonder if it has hurt the art and most of all the wood carver. I love Buddha in fact I have a few from your islands ....they are very old and the craftsman work is outstanding.. I like the old style of browns and the greens in coloring.

Leave a comment:

• DiLeon
    replied
    Hi just wondering if the wood carvers are still being hurt,.... by the people who sell your items......I know the merchants take the money and the wood carvers get hardly nothing.....Have you found a way to stop this kind of action? Some of the best wood carving in the world I have seen come from your islands, yet the wood carver is not even noted nor is the name on the work. As an artist,.... I wonder if this has stopped on your islands? Does the wood carver get credit for the work???? ....and not abused by the money making system? How are you handling this suitation? Also your work is sold mostly to tourist, which is a commercial product. Do you miss the past artistic freedom?

Leave a comment:

• GregGerard
    replied
    I like the white wash. I think it added more depth by highlighting and giving contrast.

Leave a comment:

• Baliexclusivo
    started a topic Wood carving sculptures "Buddha"

Wood carving sculptures "Buddha"

Hi everyone,
    Thanks a lots to let me join to you guys. We’re a team from Indonesia and we working as wood carving. The artist of this Buddha sculpture is Sabar “Balinese” He is a really nice artist to buddha sculptures and we are looking for a new colors to decorating or crafts.

This time is a sculpture with White Wash finishing and I would apreciate what do you guys thinking about this color. We also have and other idea that I’ll post for your opinion.

If someone is interesting to buy this sculpture:

Buy buddha sculpture

Thank you and waiting opinion about color.
    Attached Files
Working...
X