Fairy Doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairy Doors

I guess Deans post was pretty timely, we must have been on the same general wavelength. My wife said she wanted a fairy door so I had at it. The larger of the two is 5 1/2' x 4 1/2" carved from pine. The little one is 2 1/4" x 1 3/4" carved from one of the basswood cutoffs left from the penguins I did. The wife says she's going to paint the big one. Guess that leaves the small one for me. I might try another one of these after the painting is done but we'll see what comes up first. It is getting close to Christmas so who knows where my interests will turn next. The large one is based off a pattern in WCI issue 50. Hope you like them.

Tinwood

IMG_2718.JPG

These are very nice. Is there a broken flower pot fairy garden in your future?

Comment

Hi Tinwood, you did good and when your wife finishes Painting it sure will look Great. Nice clean cuts . Happy Thanksgiving. Merle

Comment

Hi Tinwood
        You got some fine looking doors,I hope you repost them when the paint is dry
        Bruce

Comment

They came out really nice

Comment

Tinwood, Your wife brought out the good in you, Nicely done, like the rest--let's see who the best painter is
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Those are really cute and well done...nice clean, sharp work. I'm sure the better half loves them!
              Keep On Carvin'
              Bob K.

My Woodcarving blog: https://www.woodchipchatter.com

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

Originally posted by sappy View Post
                Not unless she does it herself. She won't let me near her gardens, says I have a 'black' thumb. Not sure what she meant, I washed it...often. Thanks for the comments guys, those are really nice of you. If she gets back into her groove I won't stand a chance, she's an old tole painter from way back. I might have to up my game here.

Tinwood

Comment

Nice work, Tinwood. Cute, and I'll bet they were a fun project. What do you usually do with them...are they hung on a wall, set on a shelf, or what?
                  Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by sappy View Post
                    Haha Sappy. Love your humour gurl. Lol.

Comment

Had another post for right after that one but my phone died.

These are so fun , whimsical and nicely carved BUT if your wife is a tole painter and has just got her "groove on," good luck with painting them yourself. You don't have a hope. Lol

Comment

Pretty cool! Great little carving project. Looking forward to the paint.
                        Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
                          Nice work, Tinwood. Cute, and I'll bet they were a fun project. What do you usually do with them...are they hung on a wall, set on a shelf, or what?
                          Good question Arthur, I've never carved one of these things before and have absolutely no idea in h*^^ what to do with them. The little one I guess I could make as an ornie but the big one? Maybe sit it on the mantle or something. Anyway, the big one is hers' to do with as she wishes. Thanks for the encouragement.

Tinwood

Comment

Originally posted by Spiritwolfe View Post
                            Had another post for right after that one but my phone died.

These are so fun , whimsical and nicely carved BUT if your wife is a tole painter and has just got her "groove on," good luck with painting them yourself. You don't have a hope. Lol
                            I haven't had a hope in so long that giving up would progress! Sorry, what was the question??? Thanks for having a look SW. She could outpaint me with her toes I do believe.

Tinwood

Comment

Thanks Nomad, might be a bit before I get to the paint part, chores, life's general obstacles, X-Mas shopping etc, might play a part before the paint. See how she goes and play it by ear. Glad you like them.

Comment

Working...
                              X