X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gollllly!

Tinwood

Comment

Amazing work! I assume the leaves on the trees are done with a Dremel, how did you achieve that texture?

Also how thick is the piece?
      Last edited by MusicianOfTheNight; 01-15-2017, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MusicianOfTheNight View Post
        Amazing work! I assume the leaves on the trees are done with a Dremel, how did you achieve that texture?

Also how thick is the piece?
        Yes leaves done with Dremel. The texture of tree bark I assume you mean, I cut it with exacting knife first but it was too sharp of detail, so usein a roller ball type ink pen that didn't right any more I retraced some of the cuts with that also used Dremel on slow speed with a round Rock stone and did the same thing.

Comment

What a fascinating piece, very impressive. Obviously a lot of talent and time involved. Care to share how much time was involved?

Comment

You set the BAR High for yourself on your next Carvings. You definitely are a Very Talented Carver and this Piece shows it. Beautiful piece of ART. Merle

Comment

That, my friend is and excellent first!

Comment

A great job

Comment

Originally posted by frankj View Post
                  What a fascinating piece, very impressive. Obviously a lot of talent and time involved. Care to share how much time was involved?
                  I have no idea really, I started working on it for almost a year now. But not constantly.

Comment

Very beautiful and tedious work! Your butternut holds the detail well like the Linden wood on some German carvings I've seen.

Comment

Working...
                    X