Great horned owl project 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great horned owl project 2007

Here are some pictures of an owl I started about 3-weeks ago. I will be ready to install eyes once I receive them. bird carver </IMG>

Re: Great horned owl project 2007

Bird carver, I meant to say thanks to you for showing these pictures last week. You are off to a very nice start on this owl. Are you going to burn in the feather detail or paint it in? I can’t wait to follow along with the progress!! Very nice work, Evan

Comment

Wow! It is a fabulous looking bird right there, Bird Carver! I wish I could carve something like that. For a bunch of intermingled reasons, I aways think of my sister when I see images of owls. I thought about carving a cartoonish owl for her, but the cutout looks like a fat chick . . . Maybe I should do some research and try that again some time. Thanks for sharing. That's so inspriring.

meipo

Comment

thats going to be one fine carving when completed.I hope you will be posting more inprogress pictures and of course pictures of the completed carving.

Frank
        Safety first

Comment

Thanks everyone , after the eyes are in I will do the eye lids, then start on the soft contouring of the chest, then start the burning. I will burn in all the details of the feathers which will take some time. Then will come the finishing part, the painting. bird carver

P.S. I will show more pictures of each process.
          </IMG>

Comment

Wonderful carving Birdcarver .. Excellent piece ..

Gene

Comment

What a beautiful carving this is..... is it life size? I can't wait to see the finished bird. Great Horned owls are a favorite of mine. I don't get to see them very often but have been lucky a couple of times. The Audubon folks that I report to regarding the bald eagles nest near our house, tell me that GHO's frequently steal nesting sites from baldies....
              susieq

Comment

Thanks Susie, this owl is about 11" tall, so it is about half size. I will post more pictures as I progress. I love owls, they are like the cat family meaning they look suspicious looking at times and you just cant read them. But yet they can be aggressive and powerful looking if they want. Rob

Comment

Working...
                X