Brown trout n drift wood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown trout n drift wood

Each year while visiting my children in Memphis & Ms,me and my wife always go to the Mississippi river in a few places I know where at times theres some drift wood. Might find some larger ones or smaller pieces,heck I bring any of them home with me.

This small piece was covered with mud and sand. After alot of cleaning and sanding,Im relief carving a Brown trout in it. Course being small, it will be finished and painted soon,sorry I didnt show the steps in carving it.

Its 2 3/4 X 7 inches.

Tn~

Re: Brown trout n drift wood

Forrest ... Another unique projeact .. Cant wait to see it painted ..

Your like the Fred Sanford of carving .. collecting what we would throw away and turning it into something beautiful ..

Fantastic .. Just fantastic ..

Gene

Comment

Yes Im Gene! I cant help finding olde junkie wood!! Thanks and this little trout will be swiming soon!{painted}

Comment

Very nice Forrest! Looks like another great piece!

Blake

Comment

Originally posted by vacaricature carver
          Very nice Forrest! Looks like another great piece!

Blake
          Thanks" Blake Just have to get it sanded and painted here this morning,then will post it. Thanks again for you input. Forrest

Comment

What do you use to do all that sanding when you clean up a piece?

What have you been eating of drinking that has you so productive? LOL

I'm sure it will be another great piece. Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Joy
              What do you use to do all that sanding when you clean up a piece?

What have you been eating of drinking that has you so productive? LOL

I'm sure it will be another great piece. Keep it up.
              Some of the nasty clay covered wood,I have to wash it and let it dry.I use a cheap little sander that takes the sanding sheets at times and alot of sand paper but most of all alot of elbow grease!

I try in not to eat alot of the dust! Haheeee My wife works and once shes gone to work,Im in my art room starting my work is how I see it,plus I have 2 good shows coming up in Oct & Nov,and I have to have alot of work done.

Painting on the trout and its going slow,should have it posted later today.

Thanks so much Joy for your questions and comments.

Comment

Working...
              X