Couple of finished woodspirits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of finished woodspirits

I finished these guys in the last two weeks. One is in Cotton wood bark, the other is driftwood (dont know what kind). The driftwood was very hard, but had some worm holes in it,(in the right eye and cheek) so it crumbled there and I left it that way. I call it Corruption ( as in sin). As always, thanks for looking and any comments or critque are always welcome.

Re: Couple of finished woodspirits

Wonderful work Gary! I really like the piece of driftwood. Although, it looks more like tears to me.

Dylan

Comment

Gary :
      Great job on the wood spirits,keep up the great job.
      Mark N. Akers
      My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Gary,this is the first time viewing your work and after visiting your website I like what I see.I am a woodspirit guy and enjoy seeing them pop up time to time.Good job, Davy

Comment

Excellent work! I even like the "Corrupted One!" with the very sinister face.

Comment

I like you woodspirits. What did you use to carve the spirit in the Cotton wood bark?
            Vic.

Comment

Hello all, thanks for you comments! I do enjoy carving the old men and they sell well when try to sell them.
              Davy, everything on my website is at least 2 years old, my newer stuff is on my gallery here. I am building a new website and hope to finish it soon. Vic, I use chisels, palm and mallet to do my carving mostly.
              Thanks again!
              GaryMc

Comment

great work gary i like doing the woodspirits also,i guess cause you can pretty much start with a very basic outline and then just kind of carve what you feel. went to your site also,great work on there and very nice site,also your not toooo far from where i live i see,i belong to the tannehill woodcarvers outside of birmingham,at the tannehill state park.

Comment

Hello Daddio, I have been meaning to come south and visit your carving club, I look at your new letters all the time. Also one of the people in my Decatur carving club is wanting to come join yall and I have been thinking about that also.
                  Did you happen to go to a Jeff Phares Seminar at Smokey Mountian Woodcarvers last September? I met a fellow in your club that lives in Mississippi that was in the same seminar with me. I did'nt see your name anywhere but you match two out of three. My name is Gary McDaniel.
                  Thanks for the comments!
                  GaryMc

Comment

no i would have loved to have gone,i love going to mac's shop.i don't get to the carving meetings near as much as i would like too it's about hour and forty five min drive but i'm wanting to get back to going regularly,in oct. we have our carving show coming up. i would kind of put you in the mind of a woodspirit i guess, beard and hair better than half way down my back, i'm my own model!!! lol the name is mike bailey

Comment

Gary,
                      Good work.

Arnold

Comment

Gary, those are terrific woodspirits. They have a good flow to them. (hope that makes sense) You've got a really nice website, too!

Comment

Gary, excellent pieces, driftwoods color makes it a very interesting piece too, great carving work. Bill

Comment

Working...
                          X