Update on Dog with Pheasent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on Dog with Pheasent

Haven't messed it up yet , Still having Fun with it. Merle 4-PICT0004-001.JPG3-PICT0003-001.JPG2-PICT0002-001.JPG1-PICT0001-001.JPG

Looking real good there Merle! When it's done, we'll dress it out and throw it on the barbie! Make sure you get the pellets out.
    Terry

Comment

It is looking Great Merle. Nice work!!
      Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

The Cane man, only the cane man can. This is going to be some wonderful cane.

I gave mine its first coat of Poly U today. I don't know how long I've had the Poly U, but it had a hard skim coat about 1/4" on top of the can when I opened it, I used it anyway, hope it is OK It just seemed thick, Kind of like honey????
        . . .JoeB

Comment

I miss that. I can see that. Chessies were my legs. Some dogs can't stand a mouthful of feathers. Others drive for that treat!
          I have seen what you carve. More likley a duck or a grouse.

See how the lip is lifted and the wrinkle in the corner of the mouth? The crease on the right side, folded towards the eye? That's exactly right.

Comment

Looking better and better, Merle! You're right on track for another masterpiece!
            Keep On Carvin'
            Bob K.

My Etsy page: https://www.etsy.com/shop/rwkwoodcarving

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robert.kozakiewicz.9

My RWK Woodcarving Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rwkwood

My Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/rwkoz51/

Comment

Hi Terry, Thanks for your Encouraging Words. Merle

Comment

Very good...I guess you can make the tail feather longer because it might break?

Comment

Hi Randy , Thanks to you for your Help getting me started on the Right Track it seemed to just come together . Merle

Comment

Hi Joe, On your Poly U getting Thick , I know the Can tells you not to Thin but you can do it and it is still good. Mix it in a Separate Container and only as much as you need because it will get Hard . You don't need very much to Thin it . Been Their Done That Works Great and makes Unusable Poly U Usable . Thank you for your Kind Words. Merle

Comment

Hi R.V. , Thank you for your most Generous Words . You really took a close look at My Dog. Thanks. Merle

Comment

Hi Bob K, I guess when you do a Piece that you really like it wil show in your work. So far it still will be Mine. Thanks Bob Showing your Interest. Merle

Comment

Hi tbox61, I thought about that also and didn't do that for that reason , it would Break. Thank you for Commenting. Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                            Hi Joe, On your Poly U getting Thick , I know the Can tells you not to Thin but you can do it and it is still good. Mix it in a Separate Container and only as much as you need because it will get Hard . You don't need very much to Thin it . Been Their Done That Works Great and makes Unusable Poly U Usable . Thank you for your Kind Words. Merle
                            What would you use to thin it - Mineral Spirits ?
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

I'm Sorry Joe that I din't tell you that , but yes Mineral Spirits is what I used. Just use a SMALL Amount that's all you need and use a Separate Cup. You can do this till what's left in your Can gets Hard and that won't be long Now. Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X