Albrecht Durer reproduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albrecht Durer reproduction

I'm not usually a big fan of art, but I've stumbled across one artist drawings that I think are pretty neat, Albrecht Durer a German artist 1441-1528 has caught my eye.

Hope he doesn't send down a thunderbolt for my efforts in doing this draw of his done in 1503. I haven't decided how to finish it oil or acrylic, any options are welcomed.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    . . .JoeB

Hi Joe, When something catches your Eye you have to try to do it and I think you are off to a Good Start. Something different makes it Exciting . Enjoy the Ride. Merle

Comment

There are many woodcarved examples of Albrecht Dürer's "Praying Hands." In fact, they were probably the inspiration for the "Drawing Hands" that M. C. Escher did as a lithograph in 1948. Dürer was featured in an art exhibit in Washington D.C. in 1992 as an example of art from 1492 when celebrating the 500th anniversary of Columbus's discovery of America.

Comment

I wouldn't know that piece was from so long ago if you didn't tell me. Truly, a "timeless" piece of art. What ever way you decide to finish it, please share the results.

Comment

I m anxious to see the result, Joe.
          Herb

Comment

I still haven't done anything with the first one. but I did do another one that is also unfinished at the time. I'm thinking about doing a gray barn wood finish outside the relieve carving its self.

I would do some painting, but the paint dept is filled up

As usual, C&C are welcomed
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Looking good Joe. I've always admired Dürer's work.
              Terry

Comment

Thank you all for the reply, Got one more I want to do, hopefully, the stain will be here by then
                . . .JoeB

Comment

Great stuff Joe. Smart move not pushing the paint dept. Gotta keep that harmony alive.

Tinwood

Comment

Here is another one of Durer's drawings, I believe it is called "Head of Old Man" ~ 1521.

I have one more portrait of his mother ~1514. Once it is done I try painting the four carvings

As usual, C&C welcomed
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

Nice work Joe. Looks like you have found a new calling.
                      Joe

Comment

The paint dept tells that it is through painting the Christmas exchange Ornies. I also finished up; this the last of the Durer portraits that I'm going to carve for a while, This is his mother. So I guess I slip in and try to get them painted up.
                        As usual, C&C encouraged and welcomed
                        . . .JoeB

Comment

Simply smashing chap. Well done.

Tinwood

Comment

Working...
                          X