Finished painting Durer's portrait carvings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished painting Durer's portrait carvings

Finished paint the A. Durer's portrait that I have been carving. I waited for the paint dept to be empty so that I could paint without over the shoulder coaching .

As always all C&C are encouraged and welcomed.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.
    . . .JoeB

The paint department did a bang up job as did the carver on all 5.
    Herb

Comment

They are all interesting and well done, Joe.

Comment

Thanks, Herb, Pam is just waiting for me to get in the PD and clean my mess up. It certainly makes me appreciate her doing most of the painting.
        . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe, Your Burning and Shading Skills are Very Good . They will look good on your Wall. Merle

Comment

You did a really nice job on those Joe. Don't be getting too good though or the prime mover in the paint department might get miffed and go on strike.

Tinwood

Comment

Well Joe, looks like you are really getting the hang of doing portraits. Great job.

Tom
              If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Good job on those Joe. Interesting faces.
                Joe

Comment

First of thanks to you all for the considerate words
                  Merle~for some reason these seemed more straightforward in where to shade ???
                  Tinwood~aw yes, sage words of wisdom
                  Tom~not really, just like to change up, try to improve my still limited skills
                  Joe~I guess there are different things that jerk each of our chains, and the first viewing of one his drawings I knew I was going to have to try a relief
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe, it sure looks like you got RELIEF and you are Lucky because for me to get RELIEF I have to use ROLAIDS . Merle

Comment

In the first set .... I like the forth one....because it is more natural looking ....with a touch of color. In that picture the shading is almost like the old master drawings. I can appreciate then the dual nature of 1508 to 2017 of two artist of different times. The first one the guy in the green hat ...perhaps too dark of colors and not enough shading to bring out the relief???? not sure if that would do it?
                      . Explore! Dream! Discover!” aloha Di

Comment

Joe, these faces are really awesome! There is history in each face and you brought them to life. Great work!
                        Terry

Comment

Super Joe, always enjoy seeing your carvings.

Comment

Di~I too like the oil finished carving, this was with different shade of "Watco Danish Oil"
                            Terry~Thank you for your kind remarks. Durer's drawing make that job easier
                            Kathy~Thanks you, but you might want to make an appt. with your optometrist

. . .JoeB

Comment

I like them all, a reminder of how tough times used to be...in the good 'ol days.

Comment

Working...
                              X