Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lion & Mouse baroque dolphins Tortoise and Hare Fox & Grapes Gryphon Door Ravens.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lion & Mouse baroque dolphins Tortoise and Hare Fox & Grapes Gryphon Door Ravens.

This is made of 12 pieces of basswood and 1 piece birch plywood for top. The pieces are the main body, lion face, dolphin basin,gryphon door, top & bottom egg & dart moldings and top, all joined with glue, no fasteners. It's painted with thinned acrylics and gold and silver leafed then sealed. I just put together drawings of architecture and designs I liked with inspiration from Aesop's fables and a play on the Harry Potter "gryfinndor". The egg & dart molding was made by hand with a hand steel scraper cut and shaped from an old putty knife, then carved with egg & dart. The hardest part was the egg & dart molding. The rest was just fun.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Some pictures of the work in progress.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Bob, this was quite a project, but you pulled it off, good job and interesting piece
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Very Nice!

Tinwood

Comment

Nicely done, Bob! I can see that would be a fun project.
          Arthur

Comment

Nice work, Bob! That was quite a project!

Claude
            My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
            My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
            My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
            My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Hi Bob, you Drew up quite a Project and a Lot of Patience did a Great Piece . Good Work. Merle

Comment

Wow Bob! That is quite a departure from your usual carvings. Awesome work!
                Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Nomad View Post
                  Wow Bob! That is quite a departure from your usual carvings. Awesome work!
                  Terry, I don't believe this is Bob K. Who usually posts in the caricature threads. It appears this is a new member who just joined. This fellow doesn't have the period after his username. I can see where this will cause some confusion in the future.....
                  Wayne
                  If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Good catch Wayne, I almost made the same error until I thought about it for a bit. New guy has talent though.

Tinwood

Comment

Originally posted by Soggy View Post

Terry, I don't believe this is Bob K. Who usually posts in the caricature threads. It appears this is a new member who just joined. This fellow doesn't have the period after his username. I can see where this will cause some confusion in the future.....
                      Wayne
                      LOL! I do believe you are right. DOH! Well...nice work though.
                      Terry

Comment

To K or not to K. that is still a nice piece, and a lot of work and planning.

Comment

Thanks for all the wonderful comments. Yes, I'm the new Bob.

Comment

nice work Bob K

Comment

Working...
                            X