X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful, simply wonderful

Tinwood

Comment

• What extreme usage of light and depth ...wow....outstanding work!!! Thanks for the lighting issue.... I am always wanting more....

Comment

• I am impressed by how the actual woodgrain enhances the face, neck and shoulder of Padre Pio. Was that amazing luck, or did you plan it that way?

Note: See photo in #116.

Phil
        Last edited by pallin; 07-20-2018, 03:11 PM. Reason: Photo reference

Comment

• Tinwood and Dileon thank you

No Phil, it was not really planned. A little luck can be. Thanks for these comments

Comment

• Beautiful work!

Comment

• Comment

• vaccination shot?-----no big deal just adds character to the carving
                . . .JoeB

Comment

• the shoulder did not suit me

Comment

• Comment

• before / after

Comment

• Comment

• JJF - This carving has reached a stage when you may be thinking about the final finish - will it be natural, stained, or colored? How will you bring out the decorative pattern in the vestments? You might consider incising the decoration (embroidery?), then sealing the areas and wiping gel stain into the incisions. How will you diminish or enhance the dark streaks at the lower left area?
                          Will it be hung on a wall, or backed up by another panel of wood or fabric?

Forgive me if I'm getting too involved in your project. This is just the way I think when I study a woodcarving in progress.

Comment

• thank you for the contrary to get involved. I ask myself a lot of questions for the finish. I still have a lot of details.
                            I think to do the details in relief. For color I do not know yet.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X