st andrew - wip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: st andrew - wip

Doris, I am quite new at carving, but I think your work is quite amazing. I do some cabinery and remodeling as a side business and quite often I am not completely pleased with work I have done for clients, even though they have always been very happy with the finished product.

I think one of the hallmarks of being an artist or craftsman is the ability to recover from mistakes and the desire to continually improve. It is a double edged sword...on one hand you want to eliminate any mistakes and continually improve the project, on the other hand you need to complete the project and that can leave you with a feeling that it is not really complete!

As with anything the more you do the better you will become. If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been carving and how frequently do you work at it?

Comment

ha this forum is so wonderful ! thank you forrest and ejnelson for so nice encouragemant. i truely appreciate it. and i am glad you like my work...
      forrest, you do so many wonderful work, i know you do many very quickly since you said so, but even though, in particular your way to paint the carvigs, shows so much skill and love with the subject, i so love your carvings...
      ejnelson, no, i dont mind telling how long i carve... i started may last year, so am carving now almost 18 month :-) i did carve very much the first year, about 50 hours a week or so, by circumstances i cant do this right now, but still i squeeze out as many hours i can... thanks for your kind words.

Comment

Wow, 18 months and you are creating wonderful art. I wonder what you'll be creating in a few years! I admire your dedication to put in so much time, I have so many different things going on, I focus on carving but for a few hours a week. I guess that means it will take me many years to reach your skill level!

Comment

Working...
        X