No announcement yet.

Flatlander trying to do a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Merle, like I said before, I had envisioned shades of browns but Will have to go with the acrylics. Clearing the bench to get started, wish the painting dept was here
    . . .JoeB

Comment

Well, here it is!
      She 7"x9"x1"painted with acrylic. for the border, I sanded with 80 grit, wet it down, let sit for a minute, threw it in the microwave for a min. then use Oak Gel Stain, wiping it off almost immediately, after a short while ((?) I sanded with 120, then 20 grit paper, then applied a coat of natural Watco Danish Oil.

Again C&C Welcome
      . . .JoeB

Comment

A project to be proud of !.....
        Wayne
        If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Hi Joe , Boy you Knocked it out of the Park on this Piece. Your Paint Dept. will want to keep this piece. Beautiful. Merle

Comment

Thanks, Wayne-alway proud to get one done without the use of a band-aid
            Merle, thank you, I had to be the paint dept on this one, with her in Denver
            . . .JoeB

Comment

You did a real bang up job on the painting, Joe, I really like it.
              Herb

Comment

Something that size without resorting to a tourniquet is something to be proud of JP.

Tinwood

Comment

Herb~ Thanks, But I'll be glad to get the paint dept back on the job∙∙∙∙you know what I mean
                  Tinwood~Thanks, this one was actually a little larger than most that I have done are in 4X4 area
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

J.:P. that is something you can be proud of. I was interested to know you were raised in Ordway. My wife was raised in Karval.......fine country and fine people there.

Comment

Thank You

Well how about that, we live in Rocky Ford until I was six (1945) Then we moved to Ordway and the open the Butler Locker Service. A small meat processing plant and lockers for rent. I left Ordway in about '69. what was your wife's maiden name, might have know jher or the family, we had lots of customers in the Karval district. People think I'm goofy when I talk about Punkin Center, I bet she knows
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

It is a small world indeed. Her maiden name was Leonard. Her brother was well known in the area.

Comment

It has been a while, what about the first names, Leonard is jumping around in the back of my mind, but able to tie down completely. Better yet what was her father's name?
                          Last edited by joepaulbutler; 07-06-2018, 06:55 PM.
                          . . .JoeB

Comment

Nice ship Joe.
                            Joe

Comment

Thanks, Joe
                              . . .JoeB

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Working...
                                X