Thanks, Joe

Leave a comment:

• JoeVM
    replied
    Nice ship Joe.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    It has been a while, what about the first names, Leonard is jumping around in the back of my mind, but able to tie down completely. Better yet what was her father's name?
    Last edited by joepaulbutler; 07-06-2018, 06:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cottonwood
    replied
    It is a small world indeed. Her maiden name was Leonard. Her brother was well known in the area.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Thank You

Well how about that, we live in Rocky Ford until I was six (1945) Then we moved to Ordway and the open the Butler Locker Service. A small meat processing plant and lockers for rent. I left Ordway in about '69. what was your wife's maiden name, might have know jher or the family, we had lots of customers in the Karval district. People think I'm goofy when I talk about Punkin Center, I bet she knows

Leave a comment:

• Cottonwood
    replied
    J.:P. that is something you can be proud of. I was interested to know you were raised in Ordway. My wife was raised in Karval.......fine country and fine people there.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Herb~ Thanks, But I'll be glad to get the paint dept back on the job∙∙∙∙you know what I mean
    Tinwood~Thanks, this one was actually a little larger than most that I have done are in 4X4 area

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied
    Something that size without resorting to a tourniquet is something to be proud of JP.

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• uvawyo
    replied
    You did a real bang up job on the painting, Joe, I really like it.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Thanks, Wayne-alway proud to get one done without the use of a band-aid
    Merle, thank you, I had to be the paint dept on this one, with her in Denver

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joe , Boy you Knocked it out of the Park on this Piece. Your Paint Dept. will want to keep this piece. Beautiful. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    A project to be proud of !.....
    Wayne

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Well, here it is!
    She 7"x9"x1"painted with acrylic. for the border, I sanded with 80 grit, wet it down, let sit for a minute, threw it in the microwave for a min. then use Oak Gel Stain, wiping it off almost immediately, after a short while ((?) I sanded with 120, then 20 grit paper, then applied a coat of natural Watco Danish Oil.

Again C&C Welcome

Leave a comment:

Working...
X