• Show
Clear All

• brent
    replied
    Fabulous work!

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Outstanding work LeeF. I liked the framed presentation also.

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Excellent work! I agree with the comments about the ear placement. The overall carving, though, is great!

Claude

Leave a comment:

• JoeVM
    replied
    Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied
    Nicely done, your proportions are coming along, just keep up the good work and you'll get to where you want to be.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied
    look around on a crowded place, you will find others with ears that size also. not unusual. great work on the carve and thanks for the complete collection of wip pictures

Leave a comment:

• Sammy66
    replied
    I don't think the majority of people will even notice the ear. Since I have such a hideous time trying to carve ears, I look for them on other carvings! lol It really does not diminish the beauty of your piece at all. (My carvings tend to mostly have hair covering their ears because I either mess them up or whack them off!)

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Definitely work of an Artist, Beautiful. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    Very artistic! But her "fig leaf" fell off!

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied
    I'm going to hazard a guess here and say that the average individual that sees your beautiful piece of artwork is never going to notice any flaws and just remain captivated by the overall work. Well done.

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    I agree with the foregoing comments. You are a talented carver.

Leave a comment:

• Bob K.
    replied
    You pulled it off very well. The body has soft curves, is well proportioned and pleasing to the eye. As mentioned, the only flaw that I can see is the size and placement of the ear. The ear should be smaller, especially for a woman, and it's placement should be closer to the middle of the head. This feature will probably not even be noticed by the majority of average viewers. A most excellent job otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    I think you brought it off. The window frame is a nice design element = hard and straight with the contrast to the body curves.
    The ear is odd as you say.
    Thank you for the process pictures, particularly the use of the small glue-ups.
    Also, I believe that most viewers will recognize the glue lines and then promptly ignore them for the greater form.

Leave a comment:

• JJF
    replied
    very nice work

Leave a comment:

• LeeF
    replied
    I think you're right Sammy, I foolishly did it by eye, rather than drawing it first. It's the first time I've carved an ear and unless I start carving elephants in the future then I definitely need to make them smaller

Leave a comment:

Working...
X