Pirate sword and pistol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirate sword and pistol

Ahh, the adventure continues. I received a phone call form my 5 year old grandson today, it appears he has caught the pirate bug. I suppose he can't help it, as his grandfather, his great grandfather and many of his ancestors down the ages were sailors, and not always on the side of law and order, or disorder! He asked me to carve him a pirate sword. I asked him if he would also like a pirate pistol, as every self respecting pirate has to have both, and of course he said yes. So to work, suspend Christmas ornaments and ship building, get into armory production.

Ahhhhhrrrrrrrrr, shiver me timbers, but it's good to have another pirate in the family!!!

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

You and old softie, he'll enjoy your fine job
    . . .JoeB

Comment

yup, not very piratey on your part Bob. Nice job.

Comment

I remember as a kid making swords from yardsticks...great fun!
        Arthur

Comment

ARGH! Matey.... you've carved some mighty fine weapons there you have!...Shiver me timbers!...
          Wayne
          If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Very nice Bob job well done.

Comment

Looking good so far, Bob!

Claude
              My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/beadman1

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Spent today at the armory, the stock is Walnut, the barrel is Birch, and the fittings are Ebony. I sized it to fit his little hand, so he should be able to board the enemy ships in fine style! Tomorrow we get into blacksmithing and finish the sword.

"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!"

Bob
                Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Got Spencer's sword complete today, a lot of carving to make that guard, solid Walnut. The blade/handle is Maple, so it should stand up to a beating. The pistol makes the set complete.

Bob

Comment

Wow very nice Bob, you have just made one Pirate happy,very nice.

Comment

This is some outstand craftmanship
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

Nice pirate weapons.
                        Joe

Comment

Who needs a boarding pass when you can show them these.

Tinwood

Comment

Working...
                          X