Plane wood carvings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plane wood carvings

So my dad makes these airplanes completely from scratch. Takes him between 2-3 months depending on the plane, due to time constraints and work. However he had made atleast 20 planes because he just “loves it.” I have seen him go from pretty simple planes from when he first started to more elaborate and detailed planes from gaining experience.

He is is a humble man and never shows his work. What do you guys think? I have always told him to get a website up and display his work but it’s hard to get him to commit.

Now that is some Plane wood carvings! Well done and keep it up!

Comment

Amazing work, very talented and great attention to detail. Your dad should be proud of his talent and display them on a site of his own. Who know maybe even offer them up for sale on a site like Etsy. Awesome stuff.
      ~ Dwight
      "Hello, I am the Friggin' Happiness Fairy and I just sprinkled happy dust on you, so smile damit' this crap is expensive."

Comment

Very, very nice and especially from scratch. Don't think I have ever seen any posted here. BTW, is he a veteran?

Heck, there are free sites out there or even a paid one would be great if he is interested in selling them.

Make sure you tell him about the posts here and comments...maybe sign him up.
        Bill
        Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

You can tell your Dad it is time for him to come out of the closet, a the very least, please keep us posted on your Dad's talents
          . . .JoeB

Comment

Those are really nice! When I was into model planes as a youth, those were known as "solid models" as compared to "flying models." I agree, your dad needs to showcase his work, and a site would be very appropriate...but we need to see more here, too! I really enjoy seeing these..

Where does your dad get the plans/specs for his models? I had thoughts of making some like that but was stymied by lack of detailed information.
            Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
              Those are really nice! When I was into model planes as a youth, those were known as "solid models" as compared to "flying models." I agree, your dad needs to showcase his work, and a site would be very appropriate...but we need to see more here, too! I really enjoy seeing these..

Where does your dad get the plans/specs for his models? I had thoughts of making some like that but was stymied by lack of detailed information.
              From what he tells me, he finds a copy of their specifications online and scales it down to model size.

Comment

Nice work on the aircraft - he should be proud of them and display them somewhere.

Claude
                My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Model making is a great pastime, it involves so much more than plane carving. You have to be exact in your scale and all the details. Well done to your Dad, he does great work.

Bob
                  Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Very nice work indeed. I have modeled cars and trucks myself. Think I'll give the Jet a go.

Comment

I have some large (Military photo's) of Three Jets (all R&D) and a B-24 (Never in War! ) if the pictures are needed for the plane project. I have them on my phone and Wall. I have my #1 best - Bell X-1A (broke Mach 1). A early XF-102 Delta Dagger, A XF-104 Star Fighter to round out the list. B-24 is in Black and photographed in West Texas. I will be giving them to the Texas Civilian Air Force soon. The X indicates Experimental and were flying with the 'right stuff' men in the high desert of California. Simply reply to this and I'll be notified. I can post them in this area. Martin

Comment

Here’s a picture of the landing gear he just completed on the AC he is working on.

Comment

Your father has unbelievable skills, much more than a wood carver
                          . . .JoeB

Comment

Your dad does incredible work!!
                            Terry

Comment

I will post some more pictures tonight. Thanks for the kind words! I’m trying to talk him into joining the site

Comment

Working...
                              X