Finished Snowman Walking Stick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Snowman Walking Stick

A request from my Sisters Friend , Basswood Snowman on Diamond Willow Stick. On it's way tomorrow. Merle IMG_0009.JPGIMG_0010.JPGIMG_0012.JPGIMG_0014.JPG

I"m sure the friend will be more than happy
    . . .JoeB

Comment

Great. Conversation-starter for certain.
      Diamond willow looks so good when it's been cleaned up.
      Brian T

Comment

Very nice and certainly will be much appreciated. How was the snowman attached to the stick?
        Last edited by woodburner807; 01-21-2019, 09:11 PM.
        Bill
        Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

They had a song about it "Frosty the snow stick".. Fun carving,well done Merle
          Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

Hi Joe, Mailed them this morning and will find out later this week if she likes them . Thanks for your always encouraging words. Merle

Comment

Hi RV , Diamond Willow leaves me use my Imagination and always turns out with a Great look. My Favorite for Canes and Sticks. Merle

Comment

Hi 807 , it was attached with a 7/16 " Wooden Dowel , Drilled 2 1/2 " into the Snowman and 2 1/2 " into the Stick . I Wiggle the Drill to make the Hole a little bigger for plenty of room for the Glue and make it easier to have a good Flush Fit. I also Rough up the Dowel and the Flat surfaces for more holding power. Never had any Break or come loose . Thanks for showing interest in my piece. Merle

Comment

Wonderful looking little fellow Merle. Really like your color selection.

Tinwood

Comment

Hi Randy , this is a new Person to get one of my Sticks . My Reward will be when she gets it and likes it , ( I Hope ) . She seen my Sisters and thinks she would like to have one for Herself. Thanks Randy Merle

Comment

Hi Tinwood, he's on his way to Sunny California , don't know how long he will last in that Warm Weather. Ha,Ha. I 'm partially Color Blind but as long as they keep putting the Color on the Outside of the Bottle I'm good. Thank you for Commenting . Merle

Comment

Poor snowman has a stick up its bottom.

Sweet job Merle!! Lucky customer.
                        Terry

Comment

Hi Terry, Ha,Ha, yea , like a Pop Sickle . Will probably get it today , then will see if she likes it .Thanks Appreciate your Comments. Merle

Comment

That is nice!

Comment

Nice snowman. I bet your customer liked it.
                              Joe

Comment

Working...
                              X