• Show
Clear All

• Clayton707
    replied
    Thanks! I am very happy with it.

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied
    Yup, you've been busy! Nice job Clayton.

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Made the mistake! Showed my wife, got the big fisheye look, told it wouldn't on my small carving bench. Really came out swell!

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    No words can describe your work but obviously you have a great talent that shows with your work. Very intricate. I did visit your website and it also shows your excellent work. I'd urge other carvers to check it out...superb work and artistic. Keep posting your progress...much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Clayton707
    replied
    And after 6 months of work, the entryway remodel is done..

Leave a comment:

• Clayton707
    replied
    And the third and final rail is done..

Leave a comment:

• Clayton707
    replied
    The two faces on the second rail are complete. Only two more to go..

Leave a comment:

• Clayton707
    replied
    Thank you!

And the first of three hand rails is done. On each of the ends are carved faces that have long hair in a ponytail that forms an extra handle. So when you go up or down the stairs and grab the rail there it will look like you are pulling the hair of a disgruntled face. I am excited to carve the other four.

Leave a comment:

• Vice
    replied
    Great work Clayton, we are all very impressed and proud of your craftsmanship. Keep it up

Leave a comment:

• Clayton707
    replied
    Thank you! And I have started carving the hand rails. Will keep you posted on progress.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Outstanding work. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Wow, your work is awesome and nicely detailed...what a dwelling you'll have. Enjoy following your progress.

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied
    Gorgeous work as usual Clay, your house is going to be a "wonder of the world" once you are finished, you'll be able to charge admission. What a legacy you are leaving behind when the time comes.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• RayV
    replied
    Wowza yowza, those are some serious carvings. Looking good.

Leave a comment:

• Clayton707
    replied
    Closet door fronts (79.5" tall) and stairwell divider top (60" tall) are complete. In basswood and I used a pattern that I drew for our kitchen project. Now all I have left to do is carve three hand rails, and I can put it together.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X