picture frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: picture frame

I've watched how you developed the project with great delight and with ever increasing respect. What a brilliant masterclass! What a Christmas present to the woodcarving fraternity!

More power to you

Peter Connor

Comment

I have really been enjoying this thread as well, Mark. Thanks for the efforts involved in posting the pictures.
      I agree with Doris. The tassels make me want to touch them.
      Thor
      Steve

Comment

Mark, you have to find something WAY better than "picture frame" to call this. That is an absolutely stunning piece. Way MO-BETTA!

Al

Comment

Mark, I have no expertise to add, only admiration. Wonderful work!

Don

Comment

Well here it is,,pretty much done. Just haven't stood it up without any way to support it securely,,so this will have to do till I actually mount it at the church.I hope you enjoy it. The draperies are sealed by the way,,I kept them a satiny flat finish,,in person they look like velvet. And yes,,,I just have to touch them. The finish though is so transparent the wood grain shows through very well.

Comment

wow !! that turned out beautifully :-) two things i particular enjoy. one is, that your frame works "with" the image, it enhances the painting without popping to forground. very nice balance... and the other is a tiny detail, i detected only now with the colors, and that is the nice twist of the curtain, where it hangs loosely a ittle bit over the image on top. just lovely... i was thinking yesterday about your carving, mark, and that i usually look at cavings in the most odd places, like in your frame, if i were saw it in a church, i would probably try to look the bottom of the tassels. and when i detect, like in yours, that detail is carved nicely, though not many people bother to try look there, then my heart jumps a little with joy... thanks a lot, and congratulation. a wonderful iece of work :-)

Comment

Mark, what a beautiful compliment to the painting!! This is really wonderful, you did it again, yes, I want to touch it too. The way you painted it with the grain showing and the velvety feel - just perfect.
                Fred

Comment

I'm where the line starts to touch it. Wonderful piece, and I love the color with the grain showing through.
                  Again, I'm humbled.
                  Thor
                  Steve

Comment

Absolutely beautiful Mark!!! Now comes the hard part, getting it to the church and setting it in place.Thumbs Up
                    Skip
                    </IMG>

Comment

Thank you for your wonderful comments and staying with me till the end. I'm so glad you seem to enjoy this piece and how it came out. If I've missed anything along the way please let me know. The finish by the way is Rustoleum on the draperies followed with matte and a combination of Minwax finished with poly on the mouldings.
                      Thank you all again Mark

Almost forgot,,I said I had a surprise in the draperies. That's where I signed it. I arranged the folds on the upper left into the letter "M" and a "Y" on the right.Sneaky huh? I thought it would be fun. Almost did the same thing on the cloth on the Shroud,,but after I did it that's all I could see and it bothered me so I took it out.That's while it was still in clay.

Comment

I almost missed the finished product! The draperies look "real"! Beautiful inspiration for the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
                        X