Egg 6 done (carving) Time for a little Electric Etching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg 6 done (carving) Time for a little Electric Etching

Got the sixth egg done & the kids (mike & Nickie) wanted to electric etch a couple of tables for them. One was a heck of a find, at the curbside one day. Don't know what the wood is, light-colored, with the 1-1/2"± wide boards by 2'" thick boards glued together. With the leaf, it is about 3-1/2' x 8' long. Also did a coffee table that the neighbors (Orv & Christ ) didn't any longer and the kid took it. For some reason, the pictures of it didn't turn our but we're going out there for father's day & I will get them then.

Anyway C&C more than welcome
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    . . .JoeB

Very thoughtful design and a lot of work. I like the result of this job. Does the etch follow the general grain directions?

JP: Suppose you used sheets (1/4 or 1/2) of the heavy weight papers that water-color artists use. 140lb cold pressed, for example.
    There's no grain direction as there is in wood, but does that matter?
    Could the paper (cotton/linen/rag) etch like wood does? Add some watercolor paint in the design?

I'm thinking of examples which might be framed for wall hangings.
    Brian T

Comment

Oh, no fair. Something else for my old brain to try and get around. To answer your question, I have no Idea, but when I can get some paper, you can bet I'll try it out. Thanks for the butt kick.
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Dang Joe, You look like the mad scientist at work. Those are some amazing designs you are ending up with.

TTom
        If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Impressive work, Joe and they look great. So many options for making those patterns on various objects it makes my head spin. Frames would be natural, furniture, lamps, etc. Certainly a nice augmentation for any woodworking...
          Bill
          Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Brian, got some pegged to order next week, thanks for the suggestion, we'll see how it works
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Nice work JP. All you need now is Frankenstein to show up and your mad scientist impersonation would be complete.

Tinwood

Comment

What you mean, impersonation, well maybe, the kids were calling me La Antiguo Burnista
                . . .JoeB

Comment

Working...
                X