A journey into ship modelling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
    Hi Bob, very intricate work and looking great . Bob with your Craftsmanship on Ship Building, forgive me for asking but I have got to ask , what is the Price Range of a Finished Ship ? Gona be a Bute . Merle
    A scratch built ship model like this would go in the $20,000 - $50,000 range. It will take several years to complete, but it is not often you find a client interested. Most model builders now a day build kits, there are few who build from original draughts or historically accurate drawings. A finished kit would go for considerably less, but kits sacrifice accuracy for production. Although, there are some new kits coming out of China that compare accurately with some scratch built models. A lot of factors come in to play when you price a model, building method, materials used, accuracy and amount of detail. My work is in no way a top of the line work, after 45 years, I'm still learning.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Hi Bob, Thank You , After 45 yrs. and still learning . I believe that's what holds you interest . Never to Old to learn something and what a better place to learn than doing something that you Love to do . Don't sell yourself on your Finished Ship Model . Thanks again for Commenting . Merle

Comment

Fascinating!

Comment

Beautiful work. I can't even bring myself to finish a carved model of my old submarine, can't think of a simpler model to build.

Comment

Working...
          X