It's not Halloween, but it will have to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not Halloween, but it will have to do

Being the artist that I am, & not having done anything for Halloween this year, I hit the internet for ideas. As this pumpkin, that someone had carved a face on the surface of the pumpkin, seemed to fit the bill.

Anyway, after I got the relief done, dammit looked like the man in the moon to me, so that what I'm going to settle with, Halloween will have to wait until next year.

It's not much, will go on my wall of shame. As usual C&C Welcomed
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    . . .JoeB

Ah, he looks OK. How big is it?

I decorated some last year. One kid came to the door. He left before I could hobble down the stairs.
    There's 2 families have moved into my street near me. Maybe I should try again.
    Brian T

Comment

Brian, about 4" sq
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Hang that guy in your studio to watch over your work.
        Brian T

Comment

He is done hung , Pam wouldn't let me bring into the main house
          . . .JoeB

Comment

its incredible how some of your carvings remind me of some of my earliest school teachers ,
            Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

It looks fine to me, Joe. The face has some distortions that could make it scary to kids, just need to accent them in some way...maybe with color? The proof is in the pudding, and find some kids and check their reactions, that way you will know.
              Bill
              Living among knives and fire.

Comment

Nothing wrong with that dude JP. He could hang on my wall any day. Tell Pam to lighten up (then duck).

Tinwood

Comment

Bill & Tinwood, thanks for the kind remarks. I was telling Pam, I thinking about trying to deepen the cuts next time, the wood is 3/4" thick, why not is if I can take advantage of that. But I'm a little hesitant, once the wood is off-------
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

Joe,

You ever get up to pyramid lake? I keep thinking I should get out and chase me a big cutthroat.

Comment

Ed, been out there a few times, but I'm not a fisherman. It is an interesting lake though, Our kids go camping and boating up there in the summertime. Our door is always open, just ask Denny
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

I love that creepy little smirk!

Comment

Hi! Joe , Showing off your Versatile Skills again are you ? and doing it very well might I add . Merle

Comment

Keoma~Thank you, You think he is up to something?
                            Merle~Thank you, don't know about versatile, just nothing else to do.
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

I like him, he's scary, reminds me of a dried carved apple head or the original Fester Addams head in a box.

Shawna

Comment

Working...
                              X