Cane project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cane project

ing a picture of my cane project I just finished for a friend for a gift. He is a eagle nut and I did it with a diamond willow piece. I carved a staff before but when I attached the handle I had to figure out how to make the 2 pieces come together. I decided to add some inlay blackwalnut to connect the 2. I sliced the blackwalnut into thin pieces and had planned on just wrapping it around. LOL Actually if the piece had been just a wee bit bigger it would have worked. Oh no. That was too simple. So I ended up cutting little lengths to go around and I had to to that 2 times in order to get the blackwalnut to come up against the dw. I couldn't do one thicker piece as it wouldn't lay right. Even though it took more time I think to do that then the whole cane I think it was worth the effort. The blackwalnut against the dw really sets it off nicely I think. I didn't add a full length picture as it's hard to see anyways but I posted a picture here on my newly designed web pages under Current Projects. http://www.TheCarversCorner.com
    I also embedded a compass into a diamond on the length part of it instead of on the top of the eagle head. I can't wait to give him this for Christmas.

Re: Cane project

Hi Cathy, excellent work and good placement for a compass and the eagle handle is fantastic. Your work is always top-notch! I'll get over to your newly designed web site to see what you have been up too.
    Kathy

Comment

The cumpas is good idea,I am currently working on my first spiral walking stock for a friend and will probably find a cumpas for it.Thanks for the great idea.
      I realy like your eagle,looks great.

Comment

Cathy, excellent job - the combination with black walnut worked really well. Great.
        Fred

Comment

Cool cane there Cathy. Love the eagle handle. Most excellent!

Cheers
          ChuckT

Comment

Very nice cane Cathy.
            Mel

Comment

thats a good idea to put a compass in the walking cane wow, very nice i dont make canes, making lamps out of dimaond willow,he will be very happy with it im sure.

Comment

Cathy, great job on the cane. I like how you joined it together, too. Your friend is going to love it!!

Comment

Working...
                X