Ever get the feeling you're too busy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever get the feeling you're too busy?

I haven't been very active on here of late, what with all the computer difficulties, ........ but .........I haven't been not carving. I finally have the camera installed and photoshop up and running allowing me to resize pictures to allow posting.

It isn't that I'm not able to carve lately with these distractions, but I just can't get settled on what to finish or get back to. The new Micromotor just had to be tried and the best place for that was on a bird, which I normally don't do, but I believe it turned out okay. Yes, that's Foredom 1050! The one everyones' been raving about, and now I can understand why!!! SWEET!!!

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Re: Ever get the feeling you're too busy?

The rest of the pics.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Too busy,,didn't know there was such a thing! I think it's an indication of your interests expanding,,new worlds and opportunities opening up for you.

There are times you see something new and you have to follow it.You feel like you're going in 10 directions at once.It's unnerving I'm sure to some people.For example some can only read one book at a time,,others will jump between 3-4-5 books at a time. There is no right or wrong way,,it's just your way. When your carving a bird,,your attention is right there,,when it's a ship and it's turn at your hands then that's where your focus is.

That's how I work and play. 5 books,,several jobs,,many options for play. Makes for a full day,little by little they get done.You get bored or stuck on one project go to another. At times you strike a live vein and cant stop working on just one project.Or you hit a dead end,walk away and when you come back an answer is usually waiting for you.You can almost approach something with fresh eyes each time and see things you might have overlooked.When I get stuck having to work on one thing constantly I get bored,frustrated,cranky and many times begin to hate the piece and yet at the same time get determined to get it done simply because it's driving me crazy.
      I can still hear my dad always telling me " Mark,,just let it go for a while,you're beating yourself to death" So I guess that's where my habit of finding other things to occupy me started.

Admit it Bob,,you're having a ball!

Comment

Gee Bob--I don't feel so bad. I thought I was the only one who couldn't finish what he started without starting other projects.

I like what you wrote Mark:

...an indication of your interests expanding, new worlds and opportunities opening up for you.
        You guys made me feel normal again!!!

Thanks.

Bob L

Comment

Bob glad to see your up and running without too many problems. I know the feeling about busy too much to do and not enough hours in the day. Thanks for the tip on the Fordom 1050 I am going to have to check that out.
          Colin
          Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
          Jackson, MS

Comment

Bob .. I never get the feeling Iam to busy because I work so much .. I dont have the time to think about it anymore ..

By the way .. you got some great looking pieces there .. Have we seen them all ..

Gene

Comment

Every day is an adventure! That Chickadee finally has feet and the dragon scales!

Colin .... I spent the week-end using the Foredom(s) on the dragon,(creating the dragon) the SR to hog out shape and initial detail, and the Micromotor to detail. Sweet!!!!! That's all I can keep calling the 1050...... sweet! It carves so easily, sweeps along like a pen stroke and you can control the detail almost by just thinking about it. "Baby....where have you been all my life!" LOL

Bob

Comment

For those who may be interested, here's the dragon developing! He/she has a shaft now and starting to take shape. The chest has scales and the sides and back. Have to start deceiding on how the head should look. Any suggestions?

Oh .....also, should I start a seperate thread for this dragon, or can you find it okay here?

Bob

Comment

Bob .. That is one fine looking cane .. I dont think I have ever seen one done like that before ..

What a impressive piece and the carving is superb .. love those scales for the shaft ..

Excellent work .. Please show the finished piece when done ..

Gene

Comment

Looking terrific,,we'll find it just fine here! Then again,,maybe a separate post might be better in case anyone thinks they already know what this thread is about and overlooks it. Yup,,,post it separately.

Comment

Working...
                    X