knots from oak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knots from oak

i use oak for my base for the lamps that im making, what to do with the knots on the oak ? heres what i did i scrapped of the bark then set polished stones in the holes after you knock the center out. before i glued the stones i used polyuratene on the knots wow they are nice.

oak knots

heres a neat idea i had when using oak for the bases, for the diamond willow lamps im making. i cut out the knots then i shave off the bark on the knots,then sand the knots so they are smooth. when finished i put polyuratene on it, then use polished stone where i knocked out the center of the knot final item very beautyful and different just thought i'd share this little idea i had thanks.

Comment

Re: knots from oak

Now that is an interesting member name......

Gene

Comment

Re: oak knots

Hi Diamond Willow,
        It sounds interesting. Do you have a picture you could show us?
        Thor
        Steve

Comment

i dont have a picture but as soon as i get to learn how to work this digital camera i will try and attempt to post picture of items i make.just to let you know i ordered the polished stones just for this project oh i forgot to mention when i attached the stones to the oak knots i glued them.so the stones dont fall off very beautyful items and i would say they could be used for paper weights or just to put on a shelf thanks.

Comment

i choose that name because i love to work with diamond willow wood.very beautyful wood and you can make alot of items with this wood as i see you are from minnesota so you must be familur with this type of wood thanks.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing them . Sounds interesting.

Ash

Comment

heres another idea i had, when using the diamond willow i had access wood left especially when using the smaller wood,what to do with this little stuff left over? well heres what i did i used the left overs by sanding to to where there real smooth the i drilled a hole in the top and put a pieace of leather threw the hole low and behold i have a necklace wow and i made sure that it had a little diamond showing in the front thanks.

Comment

Yes, I am from Minnesota where I was born some 68 years ago, man, that sure does sound OLD.....

I also have worked with (Selling Diamond Willow cane and walking stick blanks for the past 7 to 8 years) that is the reason I picked the name
                  Diamond Willow back in 2004 I guess it says. It is a great wood for sticks, but I have never done anything with it other than sticks. Other DW projects just do not seem to sell, according to other people who have tried that type of projects. So I have just stuck to the selling of stick blanks. Although, I have kind of gotten out of that business also.

Gene

Comment

Working...
                  X