Squirrels in a tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squirrels in a tree

Here's a carving I started Thursday, finished on Friday. The nice Lady who order the carving took all the pics and sent them to me so I thought I'd show them step by step. She took a lot so I picked out the ones I thought would show the changes. the tree originally was broke off by a small tornado that went through town.

Re: Squirrels in a tree

Some more

Comment

The Finish, she wanted natural it's shown here with just a UV protection sealer.

Comment

Was that thur. and fri. of the same wek. Your quite an artist great work or fun. Feb

Comment

They look great! Fantastic job!

Dan

Comment

Beautiful! I love the natural color and the way the wood grain is running through that one squirrel is really neat! I bet that lady was happy with it. I know I would be.

Comment

Wow! I say "WoW". My admiration for your work just keeps soaring. Did I say "Wow"?

Comment

I really enjoyed seeing that come out of the wood you were left with. The two squirrels look so natural there. Wonderful use of the tree.
                Thanks for showing us.
                Thor
                Steve

Comment

Great job on those squirrels!
                  "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Great job on the use of the tree, and also on the squirrels...WOW!!! Bruce

Comment

Didn't you just finish carving a large owl! Boy you work fast Bruce. Once people see this carving, everyone will want a squirrel in thier tree. They turned our really life like. The natural finish suits them very well.
                      Patrick

Comment

Thanks Patrick, the Owl got placed on the back burner for a couple of days. I hope to finish it next week, painted that is. After sketching the squirrels several times to implant them in my mine they were pretty straight forward. I spent 5 hours on them, 2 roughing them out with chainsaws and 3 hours finishing them off with smaller tools, this time of year I have to make hay while the sun shines.

Comment

2 Days you say. You must have a problem finding wood to carve, being you work so fast. Fantastic Art. Merle

Comment

Nice Squirrels!

Claude
                            My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                            My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                            My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                            My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Bg.. great job on the squirrels ..

gene

Comment

Working...
                              X