X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brushpilecarvings
    replied
    Re: Squirrels in a tree

That's a great piece. I'm sure it will get a lot of attention from passers-by.

Leave a comment:

• bghebert
    replied

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, especially from so many talented people like yourselves, very inspiring.

Al, I thought of chain mail gloves, but I wasn't sure what would happen if the grinder got caught up in it, plus I'm not sure how comfortable they'd be with the extra weight. the grinders get very heavy after awhile. Thanks for your input, gives me something to think about.

Leave a comment:

• Bartster
    replied

bruce,

great work on the squirrels i like the natural finish also.

bart

Leave a comment:

• tnartist05
    replied

Bruce,you have such a talent and your ability with your chain saw really creates such beautiful carvings! Like the natural finish on the squirrels!

GREAT job,Bruce Tn~

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Bruce, those are amazing! It seems impossible that those are done with a chainsaw, even though the pics prove it!

the welding gloves you use are pretty good for protection, but you might try the stainless chain mail gloves butchers use. The larger ones can be worn over leather gloves for a bit more comfort. I don't know if they are any better than the heavy welders gloves, though.

Al

Leave a comment:

• Irish
    replied

OH! That just made me double underline Chain Saw on my Sant'as Want list. Wonderful work.

Susan

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied

Oh wow, they are terrific!
    Kathy

Leave a comment:

• A Willburger
    replied

Wow Nice carving!!

Leave a comment:

• bghebert
    replied

Thanks everyone, Ash you can never be too safe, I had a couple of close calls and some cut jeans before. I also cut my hand pretty bad a while back so I wear welding gloves when I'm using the grinders. I don't know of any thing any better, if someone does I'd appreciate knowing. I had tear proof gloves when the grinder kicked back and got caught in it, it was pretty far in my hand before it stopped. I hope every carver in here takes the same precautions.

Leave a comment:

• Ashbys
    replied

Really nice

The work , and I am impressed with the saftey equipment .

Ash

Leave a comment:

• Coffeeman
    replied

Beautiful work, really enjoyed the work-in-process pictures, without first seeing the original stump, I would have never figured out how you blended the squirrels into that tree so nice, again, nice work and thanks. Bill

Leave a comment:

• ejnelson
    replied

That's a really great use of an old stump! Great carving!

Leave a comment:

• gene-messer
    replied

Bg.. great job on the squirrels ..

gene

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied

Nice Squirrels!

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied

2 Days you say. You must have a problem finding wood to carve, being you work so fast. Fantastic Art. Merle

Leave a comment:

Working...
X