Time to see if it has help any

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to see if it has help any

I got my nose out of my booklets & developing a cutout tracing image, and besides my floor was just too clean, not tracking anything into the house Thought I would give myself another dose of Jum Redhawks carving method, maybe with so stuff I had managed to get beat into the old head. Anyway, the carving is about 7" x 3". Finished the background with classic grey Minwax stain, Uses 5 different colors of Watco Danish oils on the Indian.

As usual, C&C is encouraged.

Think I'll spend tomorrow sharping the knives, and making a cutout from the design I've been working on.
    . . .JoeB

Nice carving Joe and your finish looks really good!

Comment

Looks super good to me Joe
      Larry

Comment

Well done Joe.
        Ed
        Living in a pile of chips.
        https://m.facebook.com/pg/CentralNeb...ernal&mt_nav=0

Comment

Great facial expression...and nice detail.
          Anders.

Comment

Think you nailed it Joe. Nice one buddy.

Comment

Mighty fine work, Joe!
              Herb

Comment

By Jove , I think you've got it . Your Determination is Paying off . Good Work . Merle

Comment

Randy, Larry, Ed, Anders. Clen, Herb, Merle, David thanks to you all; although, it is still not time to take the foot of the gas.
                  I forgot to show my new toy, It has been dry than all get out here in NV. All of my wood is stored out in the garage, so it is getting extremely dry as well. CW, to me, isn't difficult to carve, just hard to hold detail. It wants to flake off easily. I was having trouble with especially around the eyes & nose. I have a reamer that allows you to take the bits out, I replace with a 60grit flame diamond bur. That allowed me to get into some tighter place to gentle remove the wood, Also dropped down in grit to finish the area. FYI
                  . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe
                    What is the width of the little diamond reamer at the back of the cone and the length from tip to base? That has all the hallmarks for being just the thing for cleaning the corners out and smoothing the egdes of the scroll relief carving I do from time to time. I never thought of using that sort of tool in a hand tool. Always associated them with the rotary jobs. What a brilliant idea. Deatails please I think it has fallen in the gotta have basket. Many thanks for posting this one Joe.

Comment

Glen, the one that I've shown is 1/4" Dia. x 15/32" long. I bought it in a set of 0 different shapes. Tried to follow the trail of bread crumbs back to where I bought them, but the old database is just too full anymore. I hope the idea works for you
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

Thanks joe I will do some digging cheers buddy.

Comment

Working...
                        X