No announcement yet.

Rbg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great tribute to a very special individual! Look forward to your rendition.

Comment

Today’s update of Ruth Bader Ginsburg will require a little explanation. This piece is being carve in an aspen log. Sadly the other day I noticed the beginning of a crack on her chest. I drilled into the crack from the bottom and injected it with glue in the hope of containing the problem. I have decided to wait two weeks to see if the problem continues before investing more time in the project.

In the meantime I will be doing a few fishies. Also ordering some large bits of basswood from http://www.loesshillssawmill.com/ for a glue up just in case.

2266FD5F-2DED-426A-976B-1CCA7A7AB161.jpeg
      Last edited by Nebraska; 01-05-2021, 05:50 AM.

Comment

That's a shame. Maybe a wabi sabi carving?

Comment

Maybe a wabi sabi carving?

Yes conceptually, but not the look I was going for.

Comment

Darn that was a shame Ed. Hope you can manage to save it. You can't perhaps cut the cracked area out and laminate a piece in so you don't lose all the work you have done on it so far. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Jennings View Post
              Darn that was a shame Ed. Hope you can manage to save it. You can't perhaps cut the cracked area out and laminate a piece in so you don't lose all the work you have done on it so far. Just a thought.
              Glenn,

I’m skeptical about the likelihood of this working out but at worst, it was good practice.

Comment

Getting back to it. Trying to figure out carving and texture for the lace neck piece.

35895702-8F04-4924-BC23-3133CA1CEA28.jpeg 7DFACA82-757A-4BEC-9D41-50B0AC1EB697.jpeg

Comment

That's taking shape nicely Ed . How did you get on with the vrack?? Did you manage to fix it OK?

Comment

C204D16F-81ED-455E-A5AF-A9C748A86BC2.jpeg

Comment

Hi Ed
                      Looks like the glue worked as you are back into it. Just looking at the lace pattern and I think you can make that crack dissapear by working it into the lace pattern. Am really enjoying watching this piece develop.

Cheers
                      Glenn

Comment

Great progress Ed.
                        Mark N. Akers
                        My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Snow day

C8427C61-FFDE-4A0E-B1E3-43C15D542DF2.jpeg

Comment

That is a very pretty view from your workshop window. Carving is coming along well!!

Comment

Slow progress on this one.
                              8C84F641-0AE3-4114-A9A9-843304369435.jpeg C4E65357-FCBC-4592-A0E6-5F4C2D1DD1AC.jpeg

Comment

Hi Ed, Good looking Rough out , now comes the Fun , Detailing , Right ? Gona be a Great Piece as to be Expected . Watching for the Outcome . Merle

Comment

Working...
                                X