Leave a comment:

• rraposo
    replied
    Finished... I hope.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rraposo
    replied
    Thank you all. Black letters it will be then.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Jennings
    replied
    Of the two colours applied to the lettering I think I preffer the darker one as the contrast makes it stand out nicely. Really nice piece of intricate carving!!

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Very attractive!

Leave a comment:

• pallin
    replied
    It's a lovely sign and it's done. For future outdoor signs you might consider the rain & dust shedding aspects of your design, i.e. avoiding square edges that catch rain or dust.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    I like the dark lettering

Leave a comment:

• sappy
    replied
    That turned out really nice! I like the back ground texturing you used too! Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• rraposo
    replied
    It's about 10 3/4 by 8 1/2 to put it in inches. It will stay outside. I'm thinking of finishing it with varnish or several coats of beeswax. It ended up being darker than i wanted. Below you can see with the top of the letters in black or goldfinger paste.

Forgot to add that this is going on a house outside wall that is painted white.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rraposo; 01-14-2021, 08:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Impresive carving! I agree that adding more contrast between the background and the carving and letters would add to the appearance.

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    I don't believe you ever mention how big the sign is. To me, the question would be, to the background as a darker shade, thereby leave the name & design more predominate, Or paint the tops of the letters and the sides a different color than the top. How are you going to finish it, will it be outside in the weather, Sign is outstanding, so you might want to experiment on scrape wood.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    I agree. The house name needs something to add contrast so it's easier to see and read.
    I want to paint the tops of the letters black.
    All the same, pretty cool sign.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X