WIP Female figure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIP Female figure

Im trying to make her bold and powerful, a bit of smile and somewhat life like but also exaggerated boldness like old rock carvings 1000's of years old.

Any criticism im looking for and pointers i want the truth otherwise i will not learn.

If someone see's something i do wrong or i could do better i would like to know.DSCN8863.JPG

DSCN8864.JPG

Comment

DSCN8865.JPG

Comment

Can you give a profile photo?

Comment

DSCN8873.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Nebraska View Post
            Can you give a profile photo?
            DSCN8872.JPG

Comment

DSCN8871.JPG

Comment

DSCN8869.JPG

Comment

DSCN8867.JPG

Comment

Eric,

One of the greatest challenges for most in carving human faces is getting enough depth.

ACB5A156-5949-4C39-B0DA-33DE6A9B9F3E.jpeg D8FD264B-2B9B-4141-9475-BF0F2A6539F6.jpeg

The human face is based on a 105* angle. I use a cutout gauge to keep myself on track with this angle and use lots of measurements from photos to get this depth.

The overall shape of your face has the qualities of a female face so you are off to a good start.

Comment

One other suggestion if you wait to carve the nostrils and the undercut of the outer nostril this gives you the option to move the face back into the wood if you need to.

B4B844F8-FFE1-491F-B0D3-B940A7DF80A4.jpeg

Comment

Eric,

One of the greatest challenges for most in carving human faces is getting enough depth.

ACB5A156-5949-4C39-B0DA-33DE6A9B9F3E.jpeg D8FD264B-2B9B-4141-9475-BF0F2A6539F6.jpeg

The human face is based on a 105* angle. I use a cutout gauge to keep myself on track with this angle and use lots of measurements from photos to get this depth.

The overall shape of your face has the qualities of a female face so you are off to a good start.
                        Oh i love this explanation expect im not sure were the 105 degree angle is can you show a template example please or how you use it?

Do you mean looking from top down from nose to back of face?

Its obvious now i need to remove material from the sides and lower the face and even the forehead.

Comment

Cut out of plastic card found in my hotel room. One of the old guys in the carving club got this from some class he took. I just scaled it up to fit my larger projects. Also works on jaw with a little void at the top, but never use for the forehead.

D714ABC9-6190-4987-859E-18D174941B29.jpeg 560EAC29-B52E-49EF-BE82-FB69F816FC79.jpeg
                          Last edited by Nebraska; 02-09-2021, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Cut out of plastic card found in my hotel room. One of the old guys in the carving club got this from some class he took. I just scaled it up to fit my larger projects. Also works on jaw with a little void at the top, but never use for the forehead.

D714ABC9-6190-4987-859E-18D174941B29.jpeg 560EAC29-B52E-49EF-BE82-FB69F816FC79.jpeg
                            Wow! now my faces will never look the same thank you your showing exactly what i need to do. I worked on the hands in the mean time il get more picture of the face she will get her face number 21 ahahah.

For me its the blocking out and this will help me block out the faces. I had the problem of shaping things before proper blocking and its such a waste of time.

By blocking i mean the side and front view cut outs.

Thanks again its very appreciated!

Comment

DSCN8874.JPG
                              Last edited by Eric B; 02-10-2021, 03:40 PM. Reason: Getting there this is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X