replied
    Nice job. She looks great.

Leave a comment:

• Eric B
    replied
    Originally posted by Claude View Post
    Looks great, Eric!

Claude
    Hi Claude thank you ive been getting a lot of good feedback as always im my worst critic haha.

Good evening

Eric

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Looks great, Eric!

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Eric B
    replied
    Originally posted by Dileon View Post
    No grass skirt makes her look tacky tourist stuff. Super unique and functional work.....nothing more needed. I fill my cracks if outside as the sun is a bear on them plus water gets inside and bugs. Is that a bird feeder on top? I really like it...great job.
    Ok no skirt fine by me less work hahah.

Thanks for the tip on cracks.

On top is the planet earth i made the globe and roughly drew the continents and north and south poles,outlined with power saw and hollowed all were the water is and painted the inside blue with green continents and white poles not accurate just the concept i wanted.
    I kinda liked making a globe and might make more they really could be bird feeders i would put them lower maybe.
    Merci for your kind words its appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    No grass skirt makes her look tacky tourist stuff. Super unique and functional work.....nothing more needed. I fill my cracks if outside as the sun is a bear on them plus water gets inside and bugs. Is that a bird feeder on top? I really like it...great job.

Leave a comment:

• Eric B
    replied
    Originally posted by Nebraska View Post

Commissioned piece the goddess Asherah aka Tree of life Goddess. Did a couple of these.
    Hi, thanks for the information now i know were to look for more ideas carving female figures is great looking forward to making more.

Have a great day

Leave a comment:

• Eric B
    replied
    DSCN8896.JPG
    Last edited by Eric B; 02-28-2021, 06:52 AM. Reason: Finished might give her a grass skirt or something ideas welcome she stands 13 feet and with globe almost 15 feet.

Leave a comment:

• Eric B
    replied
    DSCN8894.JPG

Leave a comment:

• Eric B
    replied

Also a thought, I love his work.... he stains his work.
    Those eye lashes! Thanks for the link very nice work indeed and his finish is down to a science eh.

Im thinking this is more a indoor finish but that's just a guess i finished this piece before seeing the video and did the opposite by putting stain first turned out ok i think.

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric B View Post

Hey Dileon thanks for popping in!

Here's what i got today clear wood preserver,stain for hair and a gallon of outdoor decking varnish.

The knots you see should blend in more after ebony or walnut stain is applied. Knot free pine is as rare as gold id say haha.

Also a thought, I love his work.... he stains his work.

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Originally posted by Eric B View Post

Hello Nebraska thanks for your opinion i appreciate it.

I like yours she is very curvy and thick very well done and the idea of roots rather than human feet oh im going to have to borrow that haha.
    Commissioned piece the goddess Asherah aka Tree of life Goddess. Did a couple of these.
    Last edited by Nebraska; 02-24-2021, 11:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Eric B
    replied
    DSCN8891.JPG
    Last edited by Eric B; 02-24-2021, 10:35 AM. Reason: Globe, going to hollow the insides to make it lighter and resist bad cracking. The top hand of the figure will hold it somehow. For me the them is Mother Earth.

Leave a comment:

• Eric B
    replied
    Are you going to try to match the knots with the wood grain so they do not stand out? As far as using BLO on an outside piece not always recommended.
    • Sometimes linseed oil can take forever to dry... or stays sticky or doesn't dry at all!! This is a nightmare situation that happens too often when linseed oil is applied either (1) too thickly, (2) onto damp materials or (3) when the temperature is too cold. Thinning linseed oil with turpentine can help somewhat, but even with thinning it is important to apply thin, multiple coats but allow each coat to dry before applying the next!
    • No UV (ultraviolet) light resistance... UV causes more damage to exposed wood than any other factor, destroying wood fibers and setting it up for attack by mildew, fungus, and insects. Here in the islands I know to many people had linseed under things like spar and it got fungus from the woods waters....which turn it black.
    • Linseed oil is mildew food... Many vegetable oils are food products for humans... all vegetable oils are food products for mildew! Linseed oil is not completely denatured, so it can encourage rather than discourage mildew growth.
    • Difficult to remove from wood... Multiple coats of linseed oil are gummy and difficult to remove fully for refinishing which would need to be done on any kind of statue outdoor,..... need yearly maintenance work. .
    Hey Dileon thanks for popping in!

Here's what i got today clear wood preserver,stain for hair and a gallon of outdoor decking varnish.

The knots you see should blend in more after ebony or walnut stain is applied. Knot free pine is as rare as gold id say haha.

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    Are you going to try to match the knots with the wood grain so they do not stand out? As far as using BLO on an outside piece not always recommended.
    • Sometimes linseed oil can take forever to dry... or stays sticky or doesn't dry at all!! This is a nightmare situation that happens too often when linseed oil is applied either (1) too thickly, (2) onto damp materials or (3) when the temperature is too cold. Thinning linseed oil with turpentine can help somewhat, but even with thinning it is important to apply thin, multiple coats but allow each coat to dry before applying the next!
    • No UV (ultraviolet) light resistance... UV causes more damage to exposed wood than any other factor, destroying wood fibers and setting it up for attack by mildew, fungus, and insects. Here in the islands I know to many people had linseed under things like spar and it got fungus from the woods waters....which turn it black.
    • Linseed oil is mildew food... Many vegetable oils are food products for humans... all vegetable oils are food products for mildew! Linseed oil is not completely denatured, so it can encourage rather than discourage mildew growth.
    • Difficult to remove from wood... Multiple coats of linseed oil are gummy and difficult to remove fully for refinishing which would need to be done on any kind of statue outdoor,..... need yearly maintenance work. .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X